cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Date

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to agentry. I have property type as Date on agentry side, I want to set value in that field in the detail screen from Java. I don't care the java datatype. I tried String and Date from java side but it is not working. It is showing blank value. How can I do this ?? What formatting I need to do in java code ??

Thanks in advance,

Sujit Ghanti

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to set the default date in java and show it in front end,or the date property in java is getting value from another back end,please try to check the property names in front end and java classes

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

Thank you for your reply. Currently I am setting date value from java only. And I have checked the property name on agentry side and the Object class field name on java side, they are the same. How can I make this thing work ? Is there any formatting required ?

Thanks,

Sujit Ghanti

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Your dates should be defined as string in Java.  Turn on logging for Agentry server and user.  Look in the log for the section when data is getting fetched and mapped.  It might tell you what is wrong if it can't map the dates back to Agentry.  Try a simple date format like: "07/01/2014" when setting the date in Java.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sujit,

I believe the default date format is YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.  You can try formatting your date as a string (as Jason mentioned) in this format in the Java before passing back to Agentry.

--Bill

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I sent a simple String in MM/dd/yyyy format. Like "12/13/1989" and it worked. I think agentry only understands MM/dd/yyyy format. Because earlier I was sending the String like "13/12/1989" which is dd/MM/yyyy format so thats why it was showing blank on the detail screen. Then I simply sent "12/13/1989" and it worked. I think we should always send it in "MM/dd/yyyy" format from java, am I right ??

Thank you all,

Sujit Ghanti

Answers (0)