cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert not Triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My alerts were not triggering. For testing my alerts When I run the function module SALERT_CREATE...then alers were creating in alert inbox.

But when i run the mapping-error scenario then Alerts were not creating in Alert Inbox.

I gone through this weblog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide and i found the

eror in TCODE - SLG1 - there it is showing "<b>System Error: Name or password is

incorrect (repeat logon) for PIRWBUSER</b>" .... Where I need to change the Password???

And in SICF tcode /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc service is not working (But there I put PIRWBUSER in LOGON tab...Name and pwd is correct.).

How to resolve this error?

regards,

Ansar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ansar,

Go to SM 59 , Rfc destination --> <b>CentralMonitoringServer-XI ALERTS</b> . Make sure that the user id is PIRWBUSER and make sure that the password is correct.

If yes, make sure that the roles of the user PIRWBUSER have been generated. Else regenrate the same.

Sreeram~ The 2327 blog you are correct is not relavant after SP 14 , but the log in SLG1 is the log wirttten by the Alert Framework and it continues to be relevant.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Go to SLART1 and in the RFC destination for your Alert Server, make the Rfc destination as None and test your configuration.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

>>>> CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts : In this PIRWBUSER is having correct

password (Remote Logon Possible).

>>>> SLART1 : -- this TCode does not exit... Can U brief it...

regards,

Ansar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>SLART1 : -- this TCode does not exit</i>

Okie, in that case, go to

ALRTCATDEF -->Settings -->RFC-Destination of Alert Server.

Here make the setting as NONE.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Working fine.... Super...Thx...

>>>ALRTCATDEF -->Settings -->RFC-Destination of Alert Server.

Here make the setting as NONE.

Rewarded....

thx.

Ansar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it tooks me 2 weeks of breaking my head to resolve this when ifirst worked on Alerts in XI around a yead back

Nice to be of help!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

ansar ,

that blog is usefull if ur below SP14.