cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM webservice cannot populate right lookup value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently working on an MDM project and we use MDM Web Service to create data into MDM  repository. The master data object that we create is Project master.

We are facing a problem now with the lookup values. When there's a lookup field value that the WS needs to send, the field's input parameter contains 1> DisplayValue 2> Recordidentification (InternalID). It seems that both paremeter needs to has a value. But how is it possible that you know the internal ID of a lookup value everytime you create a record?

For example, we have a PROVINCE field in the PRJ main table which is a lookup[flat]. In the lookup[flat] there are two fields: PROVINCE_CODE (display field) and PROVICNE_NAME. So when I want the Web Service to create a project master, I has to put below values to this PROVINCE FIELD:

DisplayValue: ZJ

Recordidenfitication

- InternalID: 31 <=====this is the sequence of lookup value ZJ in the PROVINCE lookup table.

If I blank out the InternalID field, at creation the PROVICNE field  in the maintable will got blanked out as well.

Can anyone give me a suggestion or bypass? Does the web service have to send the InternalID of a lookup value everytime? This sounds really inconvenient, as whenever you inserted a new lookup value, all the exisitng values behind it will have a new InternalID....Wired, and not reasonable!

Many thanks!

B. R.,

Anqi Zhang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I realized that this is a very beginner only question...my excuse is that I've never worked on WS before.

The right approach is to create SEARCH web services for each lookup table to retrieve the internal id first, and then do the creation web service with the internal ids of those lookup values.

Hope this could still help...

Anqi