Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on initial load write to Identity Store pass

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo All,

I encounter an issue on my IDM development system which I have been trying to solve for a couple of days.

It seems that the passes part of the initial load job are not able to write or read on my identity store anymore.

This is the error message I receive.

There is probably a parameter somewhere that I missed and need to change.

Can someone please advice on this issue?

Thx by advance,

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent ,

Can you please check whether below mentioned parameters are set for "Create Account Privilege or Create System Privilege Pass"

1 . Tab "Repository " - Is it linked to Repository MD1100 - If not please update the same

2 . Tab "Destination "

• Identity Store - Set the same to IDENTITY Store which is used in your Organization
  • Entry Type - Set to MX_Privilege

If you have set all this ,& still getting an error , Can you please add a DESTINATION Pass also ..

Thanks ,

Jerry George

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I tried/verified the steps you mention and all seems right.

So it is still not working.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a known bug in IdM it can cause the job failed to run. This usually happened when you copy a job.

You need to go to the pass that has error. Go to Destination tab to pretend that you make some change. E.g to to DISPLAYNAME line put extra space that the end (after PRIV_SYSTEM_%$rep,$NAME% then remove the space. Then click on Save the pass.

Andy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I verified the steps and suggestions above and could not see any strange happenings with the repository selection.

The last job where I took the screenshots from was not a copy, I tried it with several ones, copy and new and they were all giving the same errors.

However it is pretty weird but I think it was a general issue with my framework and/or config.

I applied the design time patch n° 4 that was released earlier this month and the problem is gone.

I have been able to add succesfully 2 ABAP systems till now but still want to do some testing to confirm everything is working well.

Thank you for your time and help and I'll keep you posted if issue comes back.

Krz,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try what I suggested. I got the same error we went through a lot of headache. Finally one of SAP consultant told us it was a bug in IdM. I used the trick ever since it works every time.

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

I tried this on another job were some similar issues were causing errors and this solved indeed the issues. I deleted the attribute line and selected it from the source attributes. This resulted in solving the error for that particular job. I'll keep this solution in my mind for possible future errors.

Thanks a lot,

Laurent

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share a screen shot of the target tab of the pass that gives the error?

regards, Tero

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tiro,

Here you go. I have the same issue with all the "To Identity store" passes I try to run.

Krz,

Laurent

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this worked before? As it's out of the box Initial Load pass and your job log printed out the repository name the only other changeable thing is the value of Master Id Store constant, does it point to correct Id Store?

regards, Tero

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it worked before. I only have one Master Id store, the global constant contains "1"

I already tried importing a new initial job to "cleanup" all the changes I applied to it but it gives the same issue .

Krz,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Check if all of the repository constants are created (SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE).

BR,

Simona

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

I added it with the repository creation.

But when the pass tries to create it I receive the following error.

Thx,

Laurent

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I'm assuming that this worked before, so I don't think that there's a repository issue at play.  Have you checked the SYSTEM and ONLY privileges?

I've seen things like this happen before and we fixed it by re-running the initial load job enabling only the passes that set up the system related privileges (basically commenting out anything that loads data from the target system) 

Rgds,

Matt

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Matt,

I also tried to rerun the first couple of passes part of the initial load job.

Only the account attribute is successfully created, it is created on the "%$ddm.identitycenter%" database with the to DB pass.

It seems to be the "To Identity store" passes that are going into error.

Krz,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one is a bit interesting, it says the "repository (owner) does not exist" in the  create ABAP account pivilege pass. Make sure that

Job repository is correct:

Pass source repository is not set on ALL passes (or set correctly if you insist on using the option):

(This example shows a bad config where an AD repository has been set for a pass in an ABAP initial load)

Br,

Chris

Message was edited by: Per Krabsetsve

Janek_Niefeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

I encountered the same "Repository (owner) does not exist" issue. The repository was properly assigned on the job level, but apparently this did not properly tickle down to the individual passes.

When assigning the repository individually to the passes (like Per's bad example above) the error disappeared. After I reassigned to repository on the job level once more the error did not come up again.

You might want to try the same.

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And even a year later I can say: Thank you.

Yet, I don't get it. The ToIdentityStore passes have thrown that error, the Load passes from the system worked perfectly. In Dev the job worked without problems. I added the repository in Prod and copied the job from Dev to Prod (in the same MMC). I assume the job contains the repository Id from Dev somehow.

I had a second job which does some nightly work. I removed the repository before copying and added it afterwards again. No problems here.

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am facing this on regular basis on jobs that get executed a lot. Somewhere the jobs loose connection to the repository and it has to be assigned back to each pass. Once each pass has repository set and the job is executed once, can the repository be selected from the "top" (job level) and executed repeatedly just fine until the next corruption.

regards, Tero

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems to be very touchy on pass level when you copy jobs or passes when a repository is assigned to it.

Ex: if a pass is copied from a job where a repository is assigned to, the repository will be copied with the pass as “standard” repository for the pass.

So to be sure of the assignments in the passes I now remove the repository assignment in the job and verify for each pass part of the job if the source repository is set to “—None—“ before copying it.

If not I modify it to “none” before making the copy. I never faced the issue anymore with applying this “rule”.

Krz,

Laurent