cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling a field based on drop down selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on Work Manager 6.0 customising on Agentry 6.1.3. I would like to find out if the following is possible, or rather if there is a way that I could implement this in Agentry. So, on the same screen, I have a drop down field(field 1), let's say the values on this drop down are A and B. I have another field (field 2), which I have disabled and would only like it to show and be edited when the value selected on field 1 is B. I have done a hidden rule and an enable rule to do an evaluation on the slected/maintained value of field 1, but it does not seem to be working, not sure if it's because the selected value would not have registered/stored yet. Or if possible, can I have another screen open when the values of B is maintained on field 1?

This is a transaction screen that I am working on.

Much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will want to do an enable rule on field B.  Can you post a screen shot of your rule?

It should look like:

EQSTR

- Current Screen Set -> Current Detail Screen -> Field A

- B                           - Use a constant or a global here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steve for the response, please see rule screenshot below:

So what I have done is, I have created 2 rules, one which is a hidden rule and one which is an enable rule and I would like field B to be visible for editing when the QUALATTRIB value has been maintained  as "1QUALATTR0020"

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because EQSTR will return a true of false already you don't need the "IF"

For your Property, it looks like you are using the Transaction value not the Screen Value. You the function "SCREENFIELDVALUE" and supply the field name, or use the Property Browser and go the to the "Current Detail Screen" and select the field you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve;

I have updated the rule as per your suggestion with no success, please kindly see rule below:

I also have updated the Hidden rule, see below:

Now, when I go to the screen, the second field that I would like enabled, still remains disabled, irregardless of me toggling and changing the field A drop down values, I'm not sure where I could be going wrong.

Thanks;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So basically, what I am trying to do is to enable the defect code drop down if the "0020 - Not OK" option is selected on the value field, or else if "0010 - OK" is selected, leave it disabled and complete the update transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, it seems to get enabled after clicking "Finish" and returning to the same screen, is there no way I can have it get enabled instantly after making the selection on the upper drop down?

Thanks;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value you are showing in the drop down is the same that you are setting for the Enable rule.

The Rule is looking at the what is display to check the value.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

If your code in the data table is "0020", then that is what you need to check for in the enable rule:

EQSTR

SCREENFIELDVALUE

"QUALATTR"

"0020"

The fields in quotes above are Agentry constants that are hand typed.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ha ha ha...ok, I was using the values returned onto that field after saving, that's why, instead of using the actual drop down value that is being displayed.

Great stuff guys, thank you!!!