cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy single program from production to development ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a basis consultant and m not sure it is a right place to ask this question.

There is a program which is running in our Production server, any abaper has made certain changes in that program at Development server. Now, our requirement is that we need a similar copy of a program in Development server as in our Production Server.

Is there any way at Basis level so that we can copy that particular program from Production server to Development server without affecting the others.

thanx in advance.

regards,

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The option called "Transport of Copies" will let you achieve it. You just need to ask the ABAP'er to make use of it. I would consider using this as there will be transport logs generated for further reference.

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

you have few possibilities:

- Activate older version(same version what is active in Prod) of that program in Dev System.

- Transport back that program from Prod/QA using transport of Copies.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashish,

thanx for ur response.

Our Transport Route is DEV-QAS-PRD, so how could I tranport back, if possible please provide steps.

thanx in advance

regards,

vineet

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- you can create a transport request of type Transport of copy in SE01.

- Now add this object manually in this request.

- Manually add this in import buffer/queue of Dev and perform import.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashish,

thanx, answer is heplful

regards,

vineet

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

If its only single program which you need to copy from PRD to DEV, you can simply download and upload the same into DEV. No need to modify the transport route or create a new TR in Production.

Download can be done to local pc in flat file format and you may create a new version in development.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Deepak,

thanx for response.

its helpfull

regards,

Vineet