cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display popup with two button in agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am working on requirement in which i have to display popup message on button click from main customer screen and once i click a popup appears popup screen has two button one for add cutomer and other for edit customer.

regards:

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

If you want a popup, just add a message step to your action.  You can then override the captions to say "Add" and "Edit".  The first button is really used to "OK" or accept the popup and continue processing.  The second button is really supposed to be used for cancelling the action.  In your case, you want to move the user along to edit if they click the edit button.  To make this work, add your Edit action to the Cancel Action section of the main action:

Main action is called ProcessPopup

ProcessPopup has a Cancel Action of EditCustomer.  This will run if user presses the "Edit" (Cancel) button on popup.

ProcessPopup has the following two steps:

Message (handles the popup, change the button text to "Add" and "Edit")

AddCustomer (Adds a customer if they press the "Add" button on the popup.)

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Thanks for reply finally i resolved this task.

Regards:

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I set popup screen as you defined. But there are 3 cancel possibility occurred. I mean, user can triggering cancel action via 3 ways;

1) Clicking "Cancel" button on popup message

2) Clicking "OK" button then "Cancel" button near to "Finish" button

3) While popup is displayed, clicking android device cancel button.

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Serkan,

Please describe your requirement.  Not sure what you are trying to do.  Sounds like you are on a transaction screen and have written a validation rule that is popping up a warning?

1).  Clicking "Cancel" button on popup message:  If this is a transaction screen, the validation popup will keep you on the transaction screen if you press Cancel.  If you are not on a transaction screen and you added a message step, then Cancel will terminate the action and run your Cancel action if you have one defined.

2).  Clicking "OK" button then "Cancel" button near to "Finish" button: This implies you are on a transaction screen.  This will terminate the action and run your Cancel action if you have one defined.

3). While popup is displayed, clicking android device cancel button: This will terminate the action and run your Cancel action if you have one defined.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Please indicate what the solution was and mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Regards, Mike
SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define a details screen set,add a field with edit type as push button,try to define an action that contains sub actions and message step types to add the objects,map the action to push button.It is just an assumed idea.As far i have not noticed mapping actions to message popups but you can define sub actions for adding line items to main object that contains a pop up message with yes and no.If the user clicks on yes add transactions to add  line items will be called.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu