cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Sales Order and Quotation from PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SD PS integration and want to know how can I create an automatic sales quotation and automatic sales order through PS.? Is there any configuration required for this.?

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thanks Jatin and Amit.

I really appreciate your valuable efforts. I will surely follow the advise given by you. But could you please confirm can I use RRB here in this case. What would be its implications?

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but I think you can use Resource Related Billing here. In that case, you need to use ODP1 for integration.But anyhow, I have found one useful link for you. Please go through it. I am sure, it will help you.

Sales Pricing and Quotation Creation - Revenues and Earnings - SAP Library

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Resource related billing is for 'Time & Material' billing for Professional services business. SAP developed best practices these industry . It could be any consulting organization. You have to have some form of HR implemented as billing is done for 'TimeSheet entry' & 'Expense reporting'. You can also bill fixed pricing seperetely

For Discrete Manufacturing , Flow is what Amit has mentioned. Create Project directly from sales order for Finished goods that are repeated ordered(But you need to monitor cost).

For 'Engineering Consutruction & Operation' (ECO) business , follow steps listed in my reply. Normally Finished Good is never fixed & hence use SErvice item in inquiry before you can pullout major assemblies in Quote.

Hope it helps,

Jatin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

"Automatic creation of SO or Quotation from project"

In Std. SAP: NO as of now.

Through Development: Yes, but it requires call VA01 at project save and update data in VA01 from custom tables etc.

In std. system provides 'Assembly Processing" scenario to create project automatically from SO only.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts,

Its my first experience at SCN and I am thrilled to see your valuable suggestions. Really, it proved useful for me.

Thanks,

Yogesh Kanitkar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Addition, I would suggest you to explore about more features of SCN on "About SCN"

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You can create Quotation from PS. Later that quotation can be adapted as Sales Order. We cannot create sales order from PS.

If you want to create Quotation From PS  you can proceed as below.

1. Creating Quotation with Inquiry (DP81)

You need to configure DIP Profile in ODP1

Create a Project and adapt cost planning method in project which refers to cost elements ( Ex. Network Costing, Detailed Planning etc. )

Create a Sales Inquiry & assign you DIP Profile in Sales Tab B of the inquiry.

Run DP81 to transfer the Project Cost planned Values to Sales & Create Quotation in DP81.

2.Creating Quotation Without Inquiry (DP82) (Works with ECP Only)

You need to configure  DIP Profile in ODP1

Assign your DIP Profile in Project Profile Control Tab under Sales Pricing Section . Fill in the other required entries Sales org etc..their.

Create a Project and assign the partners (Sold to Party etc) on Project Definition tab. This is used to derive the pricing procedure etc.

Adapt  Easy Cost Planning and plan some values (Works with ECP Only)

Run DP82 to transfer the Project Cost planning Values to Sales & Create Quotation in DP82.

Let me know whether you the above scenarios suits your requirement. So that I can share details on Configuring DIP Profile

Regards,

Srikanth

sameh_1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

can you explain how to configure DIP profile ? thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Certainly, there are ways to generate a project/network through sales order.There are few transactions for this which I am not aware of.

But you may go through the following link.

But, I am very much sure that there is no such setting in PS where in you can generate Sales Order and Sales Quotation automatically from PS. But that can be done through DIP profile using ODP1.

You may also go through the following links

But wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You may want to consider below steps.

SAP has easycost planning objects available to cater to it. Process starts with inquiry.

1) Create inquiry for customer request. Define service material in material field in VA11

2) Create Project copying closest executed in past

3) Amend project to add/chnage/delete components & network activities. Add miilestone payment you wish to propose in quotation.

5) Add project no in inquiry (Accoutn assignment in Line item )

4) Use DP81 traxn to create quotation.Easy-cost planning need to be configured to calculate price( Cost+ mark up scenario possible) There are possibilites to pull as many deatils as you wish in quotation ( As line items) from project structure. It is possible to list major assemblies that will be delivered to customer. It is also possible to replace Service item used in inquiry with 'Material masters' of FERT & itemization in Quotation. Milestone dates from project will be copied you can propose % billing arrangement at each date to customer.

5) Able to revise quotation seamlessly & resond to customer changes/addtioal request. Revised quotation reflects your ability understand customer request & changes are seamlessly reflected in qty,  total price & dates.

6) Upon confirmation of Sale, Sales order can be created copying quotation. All hard work/ iteration of commnucation with customer , need not be defined in system again. Order Acknowledgement will reflect agreements with customer.

It will need tons of Configuration/Testing

Jatin