cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not warehouse managed location having Warehouse stock entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of the storage location in a plant use to be Warehouse Managed, recently we changed the configuration and deleted WM Assignment.

During the configuration change, clean up of transactional data was taken care by moving it in to a different location but 1 material is affected after the change. Now we can see stock of 3 numbers for that material in MMBE transaction at that storage location. Selecting that entry and clicking on "Environment-> WM Stocks" will give a message saying WM Doesn’t exists as expected. But if I go to LS24/LS26, enter the Warehouse, material, plant, storage location giving 2 entries which is wrong, a +ve stock in a Storage type and subsequent -ve stock in an Interim storage type.

There is no open Transfer Requirement, Transfer Order or Posting Change Notices.

We tried fixing the issue by manually creating a TO in LT01 but it did not allow us to go to the next screen as the storage location is not WM Managed any more.

We tried creating Physical Inventory document but system did not allow us to activete the inventory document only.

Please advise if there any other option to fix this issue without assigning the Warehouse again, fix the entries and delete the assignment in SPRO.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nagaraja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only other option apart from assigning WM again to the storage location is to delete the records for this warehouse from table LQUA.

WM is not valuation relevant, especially not after you cut the assignment, so it does not really matter how the stock is removed from WM, except internal policies do not allow this drastic step.

Nobody will really spend much money to clean up what is left after a plant is sold for example. The remaining plants or BUs don't want to take the costs as it is not their business, and the sold plant cares even less.

Depending on your policies and procedures you have to take a decision. Theoretically such situation could be cleared in 5 to 10 minutes during the lunch break. But if you have a formal approval procedure for customizing transports, with change requests, round table approval, test scripts, etc,  like I have, then this would take probably a day.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quants in that Wh Number contain storage location information and therefore if your SLoc is not WM managed any more you will not be able to solve the problem now by using any WM/IM transaction.

So I agree with Jurgen's approach, especially because you total stock in LS24 is 0.
Still it depends on your company policies if they will allow you to do this on Prod.

It is very weird thing to have this problem at all since it's easily solved by a 15 second LT01
t-code posting before your SLoc was unassigned.
Just a single check in LX02 was enough to see the both quants, and LT01 or LT10 to move the
positive onto negative one. I guess someone was in a real hurry.

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen / Mihalio,

Updating at table LQUA level seems to be good solution but unfortunately we are not allowed to do so here. We actually tried LT01 and now LT10, both give error message "Storage location missing or incorrect".

I think we will have to assign the WM to storage location again, perform LT10 and then delete the assignment. The reason we were avoiding that was it has long turn around time of multiple approval for configuration change and moving the TR across the landscape.

Regards,

Nagaraja.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the approval might take a while, but that's the right way to go.
You will have a TO as evidence of what happened to those quants.

Regards,
Mihailo

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraja,

To the best of my knowledge i don't see any other transaction other than LT01 which can help to reconcile -ve and +ve stock however i am interested to know your cleanup process which can give some idea.If possible could you please elaborate your cleanup process.

you last line says "delete the assignment in SPRO." means the SLoc is still WM managed if that is so then using LT01 shouldn't be a problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As part of clean up process, we have transfered all the stock from the storage location (which was being changed from WM managed to IM managed) in to a different storage location. After the configuration change moved to Production client, stock was moved back to old storage location.

Regards,

Nagaraja

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not replied my another query......you last line says "delete the assignment in SPRO." means the SLoc is still WM managed if that is so then using LT01 shouldn't be a problem

However if the assignment is not there then as mentioned earlier there are no standard SAP method to correct this other than LT01 and LT01 won't work if the WH assignment is not there.

or else you can take the help from development team to remove the entry from LQUA (Stock related table and there is no dependency or relation on any other table hence removing the entry from LQUA should be an another approach other then assigning back the WH to SLoc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As I mentioned in the post, the storage location was WM Managed and later assignment was deleted. Now we have some WM stock entries left over, we need to assign WM to the storage location again, clear the entries in LT01 and delete the assignment.

Regards,

Nagaraja