cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Two Instances of ITS On The Same Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Currently I have a working ITS setup in dual host mode (AGATE+WGATE) for my production (PRD) system, accessible by a URL e.g http://sapprd.company.org/scripts/wgate/webgui/!

Then there was a need for the development (DEV) system to be integrated within the ITS landscape.

After reading the manuals from SAP, I've installed another AGATE & WGATE instance on the respective servers for DEV (the same one used for my PRD system). It went without a hitch. I pointed the new AGATE instance to my DEV R/3 server and the new WGATE instance to the existing AGATE server, with different port numbers (taken from the AGATE installation result)

I've assigned a new URL for DEV to enable access to the users, e.g http://sapdev.company.org/scripts/wgate/webgui/!

But whenever I use the DEV's URL, it keeps going to my PRD system.

What I had done wrong? Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eida,

your url matching is not distinctive enough, check your ItsRegistryWGate.xml, it probably says:

URL1 <key name="Values">

<value name="Protocol" type="text" />

<value name="Host" type="text">_default_</value>

<value name="Port" type="text">80</value>

<value name="ScriptPath" type="text">/scripts/wgate</value>

<value name="InstanceName" type="text">PRD</value>

<value name="Available" type="text">yes</value>

<value name="RequireSSL" type="text">no</value>

</key>

URL2 <key name="Values">

<value name="Protocol" type="text" />

<value name="Host" type="text">_default_</value>

<value name="Port" type="text">80</value>

<value name="ScriptPath" type="text">/scripts/wgate</value>

<value name="InstanceName" type="text">DEV</value>

<value name="Available" type="text">yes</value>

<value name="RequireSSL" type="text">no</value>

</key>

As you can see, the first HOST "_default_" will match all, grab all URLs and serve them.

Change it (both) to a specific matching scheme i.e.

<value name="Host" type="text">sapprd.company.org</value>

and

<value name="Host" type="text">sapdev.company.org</value>

Please backup your "ItsRegistryWGate.xml" first. A search for it in this forum will give you tips and hints about online wgate configuration and editing. (wgate-config)

Regards,

Fekke

ralph_resech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like your webserver's configuration is not able to devide the requests.

I now assume you are running the ITS on MS IIS.

To decide which WGate instance (webserver instance) is responsible for the request the webserver uses (in this case) so called hostheader names which is a HTTP 1.1 feature so you have to make sure your browsers are configured to use HTTP 1.1 (even through proxys if necessary).

When you look at your IIS configuration you will see two instances which are used for ITS.

If you open the property page of each of them and select the "Web Site" tab you will see the "Web Site Identification" area with an "Advanced" button, klick there. In the opening popup you can edit the existing entry (usually "All Unassigned") by adding a Host Header Name. Add the names "sapdev" and "sapprd" in the correct instance of the webserver.

This should solve your issue.

Best regards

Ralph