Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summarized Confirmation in CN25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

This is my scenario:

there is a project activity which contains 3 activity elements. I would like to do the final confirmation for all these 4 activities at the same time. I am using the summarized confirmation in t-code CN25 but it is not working, because only the activity elements were confirmed, the main activity's status is set to SCNF (Sub-operation finally conf.). Why does it occurs? Why does the main activity's status not change to CNF "Confirmed"?

Best Regards
Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Somehow, I agree with Gerry Hodgins and it makes some sense too that how the status will react or change once new activity elements gets added later on. For Eg: Suppose if your Activity A has 3 activity elements like 1,2 and 3. Now, if you confirm all three activity elements like 1,2 and 3 as on today's date but later on if you add more activity elements like 4,5 and 6 whose confirmation would about to happen later on then how can activity status changes from CNF to again SCNF. That is why I feel that system behavior is correct because final confirmation would stop further operations being added up.

Perhaps, Saurabh's and Shishir's suggestions makes some sense too.

Well I am not sure with my advise. Lets wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Final confirmation on header activity will not stop further sub operation for being added up.User can manually revoke the CNF status later on also from header operation to make it PCNF. Correct me please if I am wrong.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Actually, there are two cases and Yes.!! you are right with your suggestion.

Case 1 -  When you confirm activities that lie under network.

If you are talking about case 1, then yes you are right and I have checked too. System allowed me to create new activities even after confirmation on header network and what I found is system automatically changes the network status from CNF to PCNF . (I mean without revoking it manually system did that for me)

Case 2 - When you confirm activities element that lie under header activity (Which is the query of this thread)

Working of Case 2 is exactly same as that of case-1. When you confirm few activity elements. System status of header activity changed to SCNF but when you add new activity elements then System system status of header activity changed to SPCF (i.e Summarized Partial Confirmation).

So, I would rather believe that System behavior is correct. I doesn't felt anything fishy here. May be you can suggest some better workaround.?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from Saurabh's suggestion, you can also use CJ2B for summarized confirmation of activities.

Execute CJ2B -> Select your Activities -> Click on Confirmation Activity icon on application bar

Regards

Shishir

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bonato,

check the activity confirmation parameter in transaction OPSU are there option 2 as confirmation required is set or not? if not then set it and test.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I believe system is working as per standard. I also tested the same in my system and got following results(see the screen shot):

Instead of CN25, I used CN27 and made the confirmations.

Check the same in your system,it should work.

Regards

Saurabh

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

I think It gets SCNF to allow more activites(Operations)  to be added , finally confirmed would stop more confirmations been added 

Ger