Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET /PUT scenario in single entity

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying one POC with NW Gateway service to test with get and set method.

We could achieve get_entity and get_entity_set to retrieve all material no to a given entity.

Now to the same entity we need to update which is not happening . Please guide us how to do update the material attributes which are searched from get_entity set above.

We tried implementing  get_entity and get_entityset for search material 

To update we tried implementing update_entity and tested with PUT method but it did not work.

Please suggest to update which method to be implemented and how we need to test the same.

Also please suggest how to create test data for http request.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

you need to fill the HTTP request with proper XML structure. You can use the response of GET request as an input for your PUT request.

You can find very useful description here, same approach can be used for testing the PUT method:

Regards,

Peter

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response. I have below doubts on please suggest,

1) I have created class Z_POC1_DATA using /IWBEP/CL_MGW_ABS_DATA as a super class which is not having methods USERCOLLECTION_UPDATE_ENTITY etc, So please guide me which class to be inhert to use these methods.

2) If I got this classes from where it should be called, Please provide some light on the flow of the program.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

you should redefine methods from extension data provider class (DPC_EXT).

see more info here https://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp05/helpdata/en/14/4444fb5b984be28ad1d5aca4edad5b/content.htm

Regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I had written a document on how to test OData services using Gateway Client. It might be usefull.

Thanks

Krishna