cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of migration monitor to R3SETUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm preparing heterogenenous migration of R/3 4.6C system, manually integrating migration monitor 7.0 to R3SETUP and I'm afraid, that pdf documentation attached to MIGMON.SAR package is somehow incomplete.

It's very specific in integrating migmon to import process, saying:

4. Modify the file control.xml / *.R3S.

R3SETUP

a) Add an exit step to the EXE section right before the section DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY*.

b) Remove the sections DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY* and DB3LOADEXEC_* from the EXE section.

But very brief when describing migmon integration to export process. It just says:

Export Monitor

1. If FTP access is used, verify that the required directories exist on the import server before the monitor is started. The import_dirs.sh shell script or the import_dirs.bat batch file can be used to create the correct directory structure.

2. Create or edit the export_monitor_cmd.properties file to specify the correct monitor options.

3. Start the Export Monitor as the <sapsid>adm user.

4. If any export errors occur, restart the monitor after the problem has been fixed.

Which is not enough information to integrate migmon to export process.

Am I correct in assumption that:

1. Exit step must be added in DBEXPORT.R3S in EXE section, right before DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY_IND_IND section?

2. Sections DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY_IND_IND and DBEXPR3LOADEXEC_IND_ORA must be removed as their tasks are performed by migration monitor?

Thanks and regards,

Michal Skrobak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandor_joo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Michal,

the removing of the phases DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY* and DBEXPR3LOADEXEC* from .R3S 

files is valid for export and for import too:

1. set exit in DBEXPORT.R3S before DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY

2. then remove DBR3LOADEXECDUMMY* and DBEXPR3LOADEXEC* from DBEXPORT.R3S

All further steps can be leaved unchanged in the .R3S template file for the export.

Kind regards

Sandor

Answers (0)