cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 functionality for multiple sections in input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I click on F4 functionality based on wild card character and provided the value as *1*, I want to retrieve the respective number of entries like this:

When I’m selecting any row I has been showing in input field. It is general in every where.

Now my requirment is, after selecting first entry again I want to search with another wild card character as *99* now the value shold retrieve from pop-up and I don’t want to erase the previous retrieved value. But in normal case I has been deleted.

I’m expecting like this:

Finally the input parameter like this:

Could you guide me how to go forward to work on this requirement.

Advance thank you

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to create one more Input field with read only set and in the first Input after selecting the value set it to the second input field( which is readonly) and next time , clear the first input field, and search the value and after selecting, concatenate it to the second input field.

Ex:

Step1:

Input 1: *23* , F4, selected 12345 - (set this to second input)

Input 2: 12345  ( this will be in read only mode)

Step 2: *99* , F4, selected 129987 - now concatenate it to the second input

Input 2: 12345,129987

Or,

You can use OVS to achieve the same with single Input field. In co phase 2, read the input and then use string operations to split till last ,( comma) and then use the last wild card for selecting data. Then in co phase 3, concatenate the output and set the attribute.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran