cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading SAP-Help

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, perhaps it is a repost, but I searched the forum and didn't find a suitable thread.

In the past I downloaded some PDF-Files from SDN, SAP-Help and so on, for example the "SAP NetWeaver Developer’s Guide - Running an Enterprise Portal" (Mai 2006). It includes all the chapter content from SAP-Help.

So I can search in the PDF and I have it full text indexed with some other Guides. As another point I can read it offline in train and at a customer, were I don't have access to the internet.

During the last months I recognized that many PDF documents become older and older but I cannot find new versions of it. So does anyone know a suitable resource to find these guides (extracts from Sap-Help) or does anyone have a trick how to create a PDF or something similar from Help-Entries?

I already tried out some web-page download tools, but they all haven't worked as I want: no pics, download of first level only or download of really toooo much(!) contet. I don't want to install the complete Help-Entries on my notebook, because Disk-Space is low and I only need some extracts (for example the chapter Running an Enterprise Portal).

Perhaps there will be a "create PDF"-function as it is at SAP-notes? Does anyone have informations if there is something like this planned?

Best regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

simply mark it as "solved" that should do it, most sdn'ers are only looking at unsolved messages.

kr, carl

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the post isn't a question, so there is no option to mark it as solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can change it to a question and then close it.

if not possible - just leave it...

kind regards, carl

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

THis question is more the docmentation and guidelines forum()

Anyway, pls check this thread:

Eddy

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

> THis question is more the docmentation and guidelines forum

I posted the topic there. It can be find here

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wasn't the link to the other thread useful? Pls prevent double posts and close this one then.

Eddy

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

The link was not completely useful.

There aren't many PDFs online at the moment, download with a web capture tool doesn't work at me (I tried really a lot tools) and I don't want to install the complete SAP-Help for NetWeaver from the Installation DVDs (more than 2 GB, I think).

Sorry for double post, but I am missing a move thread function

Next time I will look in all boards if there is a suitable forum.

How can I close a thread??