cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log on: Could not connect to server <servername>:6400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are having some issues with our BI 4.0 Platform. We recently restarted the Windows Server 2008 R2 due to Windows Updates. Since then we are not able to log on to BI Launchpad and CMC. We are getting the following error message:

Error:Server <servername>:6400 not found or maybe down FWM 01003 null

When I try to manage Servers in SIA under CCM i am getting the following error message:

Unable to log on: Could not connect to Server <servername>:6400. Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

Windows Server 2008 R2

SQL Server 2005

BI Platform 4.0 SP7 Patch 5

Any ideas?

Regards

Ismail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas? I realized that the CMS process doesnt get the port 6400 when I check Ressource Monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe its a firewall preventing access to the DB?

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the firewall is turned off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you try and restart TOMCAT and see if error persists.

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, tried several times. I believe ist not the tomcat which is causing the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the user starting the SIA admin user. I believe it is a rights issue.

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the user is a Service account which was created by Initial Installation and wich was always working fine since now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you tried restarting the DB already. Did you check that the db password is not expired?

Can you try creating a new SIA?

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which DB Password do you mean? the sa password?

We tried to create a new SIA but ist giving an error, thats is unable to add a node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the sa password.

Also see SAP note 1664237

Regards,

Tunwiir

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I also realized is that, when I go to Properties of SIA and go to Configuration it shows "Retrieving Cluster Information..." in CMS System Database Configuration for a Long time (about 10 min) and the then shows "CMC belongs to Cluster <servername>:6400" after while. But in the past it showed it immediately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asma,

It seems to be the problem connecting to the CMS database . Do you SQL Server CMS Database on the same server machine or different ?

In the configuration of SIA , please try and point the CMS database again and if you see any error when you enter the CMS database user ID password .

Also make sure your database password had not expired which in turn is not letting the CMS to connect

Thanks,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

The SQL Server CMS Database and BI Platform are on the same Server.

How can I Point it again to the same CMS database? I tried by clicking on Specify and "Update Data Source Settings" and select the same CMS Database as before.
But no luck.

Where can I check the database Password and which one do you mean?

Thanks

Ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your installation notes , the database password might be different than the default Business obejcts Administrator password .

It might be your "sa" user password

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

the "sa" Password is working and I am able to Login with the sa account to SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also checked netstat and when I kill all BI porcesses and restart SIA it doesnt listen on port 6400 but it should be right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you change the CMS port to 6401?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried changing it in CCM, but same error message. And I when I try to Change it back the CCM craches all the time. It crashes also a lot when I try to Change Settings etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is strange you don't see any error messages in event viewer.

Try running the repair on the BO Install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error Messages in Event Viewer either.

I ran Repair yesterday and it didnt work out. Could it be something with the ports?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBAs, may be this can helps you:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1884899

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1351898

And as Sneha said, make sure that the SIA and the CMS don't use the same port number.

I hope that this helps you.

Regards,

Asma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asma,

thanks for your reply. I cleared the Transaction log according to this note already:

But it didnt help. I shrinked the log file which was described in this note. I hope i didnt destroy any database files but doing this.

Regards

Ismail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in the event viewer to see if any errors. Check CMS DB server is up or down?

Try one more option. Login using IP address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

There are no error messages in event viewer. There SQL Server is running and DB is online.

I am getting the same error with entering IP address.

The weired thing is that the SIA and CMS are running in Task Manager. But I am not able to Manage Servers and getting the error message above

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apar ,

Try and kill the stale SIA.exe and CMS.exe manually from the taskmanager .

Make sure the SIA is stopped in CCM and then verify if the ports used by SIA and CMS are free

6410 and 6400 using Netstat

Then try and start teh SIA and see if SIA.exe , CMS.exe and other services like fileserver.exe, jobserver.exe are coming , then we are sure that the services are up.

Thanks,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

I killed SIA.exe and CMS.exe. When I run netstat i Shows the following for port 6400

local address                         Foreign address               State

Server>:6400      <servername>:52719      TIME_WAIT