cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to use Milestone Billing at our client and have queries in relation to this.

I haven't done Milestone billing before and hence require your help in setting up a scenario for Milestone Billing.

Currently we do not use Sales Order (SD Document category = C) in our sales process.

Our Sales Document Flow is Inquiry->Quotation->Billing Request (Debit Memo Request)->Invoice

I would like to know if:

a) Sales Order is required to be created for Milestone Billing?

b) If yes, what specific functionalities in Sales Order will be used for Milestone billing in comparison to a Debit Memo Request?

I have configured Milestone Billing (Billing Plan, Date categories, assignment to order types etc).

Can you please provide me the list of transactional steps (example: Quotation, Sales order creation, Project with milestone created etc) to test Milestone billing?

Regards,

Mayur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh

you will follow the link Mr.Mayank Tyagi

a) Sales Order is required to be created for Milestone Billing?

Yes, If you will required Delivery , you will copy sales order OR, maintain the Billing plan type field in Billing. with out delivery , you will copy sales order SC, maintain the Billing plan type field in Billing.

When will create sales order this billing plan showing header level.

maintain the item categories TAO, Item Category Group 0005, Assign the item category

Maintain the Milestone Billing Process

IMG>SD>Billing>Billing Plan>Define Billing Plan Types(Milestone Billing - 01)

>Define Date Descriptions

>Define And Assign Date Categories

>Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types

>Assign Billing Plan Types To Sales Document Types.

>Assign Billing Plan Types To Item Categories

Thanks & Regards

Christin B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christin,

Thanks for your reply.

We do not require delivery documents to be created for our process.

Still do you think Sales Orders would be required for Milestone Billing or the same can be achieved through Quotation or Contract?

Regards,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , you will do both

Reference Quotation create Contract Order

Christin B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Thanks for your message.

Can you please let me know what purpose Sales order will be used for if we can define Milestone billing plan info in Quotations?

Regards,

Mayur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If will require material delivery to customer, that time you will use sales order process.

Thanks & Regards

Christin B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

Its a very generic question, I suggest you to search with the key word "Milestone Billing" and you will get lots of thread on it.

Also go through the link below, Hope it helps

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/Milestone+Billing+Plans

MT