cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM : Severe error(s) occurred in phase PREP_INSTALL/SHDINST_OS!

ChristopheVand
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently upgrading my system from EHP6 to EHP 7 using Sofware Update Manager (SUM) version 10

During the phase SHDINST_OS I am facing an issue with the following message :

Cannot grant service start/stop permissions.

SetEntriesInAcl failed: 534

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

This message is generated by the following command which is executed at this step :

D:\usr\sap\SUM\abap\exe\sapstartsrv.exe -r -q -p D:\usr\sap\SUM\abap\system\<SID>\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS04 -s <SID> -n 04 -U .\SAPService<SID> -P <HIDDEN> -e SAP\<SID>adm

After investigating, I realized that the user ".\SAPService<SID>" used in the command should be the domain one and so in this case SAP\SAPService<SID>.

Do you know how I can force SUM to use the domain user SAP/SAPService<SID>instead of .\SAPService<SID>?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChristopheVand
Discoverer
0 Kudos

For those who will have the same issue: In windows server , this needs to be adapted in the registry before executing SUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Which registry values should be changed before executing SUM?

Can you share us your experience more detailly?

BR,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just for my information, I wanted to know that did u try to execute the above command manually using SAP as domain for this user and re-execute the phase ?

If yes, then what was the result ?

Regards,

Divyanshu

ChristopheVand
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu

As mentioned in the log file SHDINST_OS.log I executed the following command in a command prompt

1 ETQ399 Try to execute SAPSTARTSRV.EXE manually using the following syntax:

1 ETQ399 D:\usr\sap\SUM\abap\exe\sapstartsrv.exe -r

1 ETQ399 -p D:\usr\sap\SUM\abap\system\PE2\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS04  -s PE2 -n 04

1 ETQ399 -U .\SAPServicePE2 -P <PASSWORD> -e SAP\pe2adm

1 ETQ399 and check if the service SAPPE2_04 can be stopped and restarted.

This command shows the GUI of SAPSTARTSRV.EXE with all the parameters filled in and after modifying the user .\SAPServicePE2 with the one from my domain ‘SAP’ => SAP\ SAPServicePE2. The system display a popup with the following message “Service Successfully installed”

Regards,

Christophe

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

So, is your upgrade running and have passed this stage ?

Regards,

Divyanshu

ChristopheVand
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Divyanshu,

Unfortunately not because each time I execute this phase in SUM it uses the local user .\SAPService<SID> and so I have an error message which seems to be blocking.