Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replied Content appears to be hidden by Moderator

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Today I found that below links are appearing as "hidden by Moderator" and around 40 points are reduced,  what is the reason? It shows the link SAP Rules Engagement however I always follow the SCN rules and another point- its happening only in SAP Netweaver-administrator forum.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15172006#15172006

http://scn.sap.com/message/15153902#15153902

http://scn.sap.com/message/15153495#15153495

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When a reply got hidden by moderator, then the reason will be

1. You have replied in a basic question.

2. You have reply a content which was copied from any other source

3. You have posted your personal information

4. Asking for points.

Normally a reply got hidden when a moderator will find a reason above of them.

I can see these thread =s are rejected by moderator. So I can assume that these threads were basic questions.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your information

Why the Moderators are not taking action in advance? After completion of the thread they are reacting

Regards

Sriram

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

because they are doing it voluntarily and they do not work 24/7

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In advance ? How moderator will know that you will post a reply which is against rules of engagement.

In my mind, Its our duty to take care of that.

I think a moderator is not a CCTV Camera, who can look at our activity 24 hours.

You can see the results in your profile (Reputation tab).

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patra

Thanks for your advice.

I am not asking to keep the CCTV or any other spying devices. Once the thread is completed & closed after that why they are rejecting and that too when a person who has answered referring legitimate sources i.e. SAP Notes, wiki pages on SDN/SCN ?

Regards

Sriram

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A frequently asked question, even answered again, does not add value to SCN, the information is already available and can be found.

The purpose of rejecting it and removing the points for a correct answer is to discourage people from answering those FAQs, because the posters just learn that they can get the answer quicker by asking the question than by searching for the answer.

you just said: "when a person who has answered referring legitimate sources i.e. SAP Notes, wiki pages on SDN/SCN"

I understand this as posting links, right?

Why was the OP not able to find this himself? Wouldn't it be better to teach him how to search instead of posting links? A link shall be used to emphasize an answer that you phrased yourself.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The thread was completed and closed when the moderator was offline.A moderator will look at his forum when he come online and then he will remove the all FAQs, Basic questions, link farms etc, what ever is the against the rules of engagement. Suppose someone asked a question "What is SAP?" You gave a reply, then the user marked the answer as correct and you got 10 points. After marking correct answer, technically the thread is closed. But when a moderator see it, then what do you think it should be removed or not? As of my mind, it should be removed and the same think has been done by a moderator. We should not get points for this types of question which can be found by a little searching. Instead of giving the answer, you should choose the option alert moderator.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patra / Jurgen

Thanks for your replies & Advice.

Please let me know what could have gone wrong with my answer for below thread :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3578620

Regards

Sriram

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't see your reply in this thread, may be that was removed by moderator.

Can you explain what you have written in this thread.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That's what my concern is,I just wanted to point out in my last reply with the link I mentioned that I don't find anything wrong or offending the Rules of Engagement , so I have all the reasons to know what went wrong and made the moderator to reject or hide my content.

Regards

Sriram

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jürgen already answered this:

you just said: "when a person who has answered referring legitimate sources i.e. SAP Notes, wiki pages on SDN/SCN"

I understand this as posting links, right?

Why was the OP not able to find this himself? Wouldn't it be better to teach him how to search instead of posting links? A link shall be used to emphasize an answer that you phrased yourself.

The link-discussion goes around alot. You are an active member of SCN, I can't believe you hear this the first time. 

Food for thought about this topic:

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the blog

Option 2 has given the reason and explanation about the posting links.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patra / Steffi

Thanks for your explanations.

Its in general just the same what you have done i.e. both of you have posted few SCN links, in order to provide with some of the examples.

When then person answering the query by providing any SCN/SDN materiel or SAP Note, its the same only , If providing those becomes posting links then probably moderator will be doing the jobs of hiding/rejecting the posts most of the times.

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem ist, when you ONLY post a link and don't explain, why the content there is helpful. Or if the link is something, the OP could have found easily himself. If you see threads like that, where the OP is just to lazy to search himself, don't search for him. Alert the moderator.

If the OP has problems with the correct search words to find his answer, provide him with help to search himself, so it will benefit him for future issues.

That's the main issue a lot of people have with answering just with links or link-farms.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My experience has often been that when I've followed the link, it's clear the poster has just typed in some keywords into a search engine and posted the first hits. Since this was happening quite frequently, and I don't particularly want to spend a lot of time following links on the off-chance they're actually useful, and anyway, they're generally in response to a FAQ, I now shoot on sight.

Dëv's link was clearly in support of his answer.

When I reject a question for whatever reason, I routinely remove the points given for answers.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

Thanks for sharing your experience.

My areas where I've answered are mostly technical (not programming). I agree with your post it can happen in ABAP area, but when we talk about technical area, the method / procedure are standard only there may not be some deviations.

For example in an ABAP stack transaction code SU01 will be used in the same fashion by everyone for creation/modification/deletion a user ID but its not the same with programmers (ABAPers) since everyone’s code will be different based on their business requirement which is not generic.

Regards

Sriram