Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Administrator for XI hangs at 99%

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My XI server was running fine. I was doing a SOAP to RFC scenario. Suddenly, it didnt respond(Donno the reason). So I restarted the server.

After I restarted the XI machine, the status in SAP Management console is Green. But when I try to access the XI page, it doesn't come up. But the page "http://<host>:<port>/index.html" comes up. I tried to open up the Visual Administrator. But it stops at 99% while connecting.

I looked at some of the log files. In the folder, \user\sap\SID\Instance\Work, I looked at std_server0.out file. Here I saw the error below:

-

Service monitor started. (23984 ms).

Mar 26, 2007 2:29:56 PM ...pl.j2ee.sapengine630.ServiceFrameImpl [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_100] Fatal: Failed to initialize the CPA cache service. For more details please check the trace for location com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.

service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc ================= ERROR =================

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Service tc.monitoring.logviewer started. (22203 ms).

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Service com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc started. (20406 ms).

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.file.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.af.security.service; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.af.ispeak.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Service rfcengine started. (47109 ms).

Timed out services:

Service webdynpro.

-

From the above error, it seems com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc didn't start. But as the VIsual Admin is not, I am unable to start this service.

FYI, the JDK installed on my XI machine is JDK_1.4.2_07.

Someone please let me know, whats the problem behind this Visual Admin Start up?

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved on own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If everything is working fine, I would not change anything. You wrote that your J2EE Engine is running - login to your Netwaever Administrator or ABAP Stack (SMICM) and restart your server again. In our case this problem was solved by that simple solution.

Good luck!

Chris

D048574
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

it seems, that your cpa Service ist not starting.

You can look after the status of this service in the Config Tool.

Check it the startup Mode is set to always

For that,a started J2EE Engine is not needed.

Regards

Christoph