cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not being generated using UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had setup a functionality to send email via UDF using the following blog.

Mail without email adapter? Part - I - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

This worked fine for some time. However, it does not generate emails anymore. There were no changes done on the objects. We checked the java mail service settings as suggested in some of the SCN posts and everything looks configured fine.

We are not able to determine what is preventing the emails from being generated. Any pointers would be really helpful.

We are using SAP PI 7.31 java only installation.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are able to trigger emails through Alert mechanism and MAIL adapter. This UDF also used to generate emails couple of months back. Do the alert mechanism and the UDF use same JAVA mail client? Is there a way to monitor java mail client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am facing the same issue. Emails were received in Inbox for sometime and now no emails are coming through.

Can you please let me know if you had any resolution for this issue or any pointers where to check for?

Regards,

Rajkamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkamal,

We did not find any resolution and we had to drop this functionality eventually. Sorry for the disappointment.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have still not figured out a solution to this. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Ravi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Have you tried to set a try/catch instructions in the java code to capture an exception more self-explanatory?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have put a trace message right after the "send" method is called(which is used to trigger an email). The trace message executes sucessfully so I believe the send method executes as well and the UDF returns a proper value. So, there is no exception there.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you check SMTP services availability?

SMTP Configuration in SAP XI - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Krupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krupa,

I referred the link but it is more useful where ABAP stack is installed. We use component based alert mechanism. However, the SMTP properties mentioned in this blog has been setup for us through NWA. More specific pointers related to Single stack installation would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the wiki article,

E-mails that are sent from an SAP application are merely put into a queue. A periodically running background process, the SAPconnect send job, takes the e-mails from the queue and sends them by Internet.

So, is it possible that this queue is blocked due to some reason? If yes, how can I monitor the queue and clear it?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Try to check with the SOST transaction: SOST - Send Request Overview - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

We do not have an ABAP stack and so we will not be able to execute any transaction on PI system. Please let me know if there is any alternate way to check this on Java only installations.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It could also be an issue with your mail server too. Admin should be able to find some information about the requests from PI by looking at the logs.

You can even try executing the code outside PI and see if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I did a telnet to mail server and was able to send an email through windows CMD. So, it seems the server is working fine. Could you please tell me what should I specifically ask the server admin to check?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can provide the IP address/host of the sending system and the user you are using to trigger the email from UDF.

He can monitor the traffic/logs on the server to see if the requests are coming in.

Also did you check the spam folder in recipient mailbox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs. I did check the spam/junk folder in recipient mailbox. Couldn't find it there. Also, we did a restart on java mail client.