cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post System Refresh Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did system refresh ( from PRD to QAS , platform Windows 2008 R2 and MSsql) the system was up and running fine. The system was absolutely fine  for one day and the day after the DB crashed , not sure what happened, is there a way i can find the logs through which i can come to know what exactly happened. Also post refresh when i was trying to run BDLS , the job was getting cancelled , the job log showed there is another conversion already running , when i checked the tables the conversion had already happened . Please tell me can running BDLS which cancelled many times could be the cause for the DB crash, if yes where can i find the logs for this , if not what else could have happened that the DB crashed . Thanks for your responses in advance.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

Thanks for the message , yes system is up and running fine , the DB team did a restore of Production data  on Quality again , and i did the post refresh activities again , the issue what had happened last time was we were doing simultaneous refresh of two systems at a time , BI prod to BI qas and ECC prd to ECC qas , we had found a list of tables in BDLS which gets updated when we run BDLS and we run those tables only , unfortunately the files got exchanged , the ECC tables should have run on ECC machine and BI tables should have run on BI machine which didn't happen and it happened the other way round BI tables where run on ECC machine , due to which BDLS failed and the job got cancelled many times, which impacted the whole system conversion and logical update , which crashed the DB( i exactly don't know the reason what happened internally , still searching for it ) . At present the machine is up and running fine.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  S S,

Thanks for the response , i have checked the DB space nothing wrong with it it is 3.5 TB and , no error popped up in windows event log. As i have mentioned i did the system refresh and the system was up and running fine, so i did complete all the post refresh activities

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

after post inst activity now system is ok or not

nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delayed response, there is 3.5 TB space available, and the system definately does not have virus issues.

Regards

Mrigank Aditya

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mirgank,

DB crash could happen with different reasons but surely it cannot be due to BDLS not being executed.

Possible reasons could be

1) H/W problem on QAS - Get is verified by hardware vendor

2) SAP kernel issue on QAS - Make it similar to PRD

3) Incomplete recovery of database on QAS and making DB forcefully up on QAS.

Please check DB logs for more details on the DB crash issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

1. Have you check the over all free space in DB & SAP usr folders? check the MS Sql log DB?

2. Is this any error message in windows event or popup?

3. After system refresh have you completed the post installation activity?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For post activities, refer System copy guide for your release/ os/db

Regards

shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

If u system is fine working after refresh there no problem in ur refreshment task,

second please check your space and it on window then pl any harm full virus that demag  some file

nainesh