cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Form Element Constantly Reloading in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've done a fair amount of researching of this problem and I can't seem to find any information about it so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have created a custom abap web dynpro application that was created for users who approve travel and expenses submitted to them. This application pulls data for a certain person/trip combination for the approver to review and approve. Part of the application includes an adobe interactive form element. This element does NOT require a template form in SFP. It simply opens up a static PDF file. This file includes any documentation that is related to the travel expenses.

The issue is every time the user makes a click on the application the adobe interactive form re-loads. Therefore, it is constantly re-loading. If the PDF file that is loaded is not very big then this does not seem to be a problem. The re-load simply looks like a flash. But as the PDF document gets bigger it takes longer and longer to load. If the PDF takes a couple minutes to load then every time the user makes a click in the application it keeps re-loading which takes a couple of minutes. As you can see this can be quite a hassle.

How I'm loading the PDF in the application is on first load(so its only opening the PDF once) I open the file attached to the users travel and expense. I convert the file to an xstring using SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING. Then I have a an attribute in the context that is also type xstring that I bind it to. Everything opens fine its just that the PDF keeps re-loading throughout the use of the application.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Abra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check if some parent ui container does have the setting scrollingMode set to a value not equal "none". If all parent container have scrollingMode = none, the flickering should not happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abra,

The workaround would be create one global flag say load_first_time of type boolean with default value as 'X' .

If value = 'X'.

Load adobe form and clear the value as ' '.

else.

Do not load the adobe form/do not execute the code.

endif.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Katrice for your answer!

I am actually already doing this in the code which is why its very confusing on why it keeps re-loading the pdf because I am only calling the code to open the pdf once.

Actually if you just right click anywhere inside the web dynpro application it will also re-load the pdf. This is very strange as right clicking should not be doing anything to cause it to do that. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the way SAP interacts with adobe or if its something I can fix.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any code in your WDDOMODIFYVIEW( ) of that view?

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Yes, my code for opening the PDF is in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW() method. This is where I'm also checking the flag that you mentioned so that it only opens the PDF on the first time through.

Thanks!

Abra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then restrict the opening of PDF in your WDDOMODIFYVIEW() method . Hope it might resolve your problem.

Thanks

KH