cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Delivery is created for material no stock availble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Delivery is created  with out having stock  for the material .Standard item category "TAN"  is used for the process and  negitive stock field is not checked for material  and storage location level also.

How delivery document is created when stock is not at all availble for the material .What are the settings should be done to create a delivery document with out stock

Can any one suggest me on this . I have checked old posts for this issue but no option is worked.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ally:

You can create the outbound delivery without stock if you activate the availavility check off in 0VLP for your item category

Please check it and revert

Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio Martinez,

Availability check off field is empty in delivery item category so availability check is worked  though delivery is created. Could you let me know the reasons for creating delivery with out having stock for material .

Regards

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dar Ally:

It will depend on your scenario and requirements.

We have a ZTAN category item, and is used in some plants that we need to create the outbond delivery without stock for special scenario, the time to produce the material is short, so until they receive the outbound delivery, produce the material and ship it the same day.

Regards Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio Martinez,,

We have TAN item category.

same material is used and created delivery normally but for same material another order is created now for this delivery created automatically.We dont have any scenario for this , normal process doing with this material.

Regards

Kiran

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran:

Your requirement is not clear to me:

You need to create outbound delivery without stock for material?

You need to avoid the creation of outbound delivery without stock for material?

Please your comments.

Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio Martinez,

I want to know the reasons for delivery creation because no stock available for the material.

Let me know what configurations are made to create this delivery .

I have tested that stock is not maintained for the material but delivery has been created. when we create delivery it has to through error or warning .

Regards

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran:

If the availability check off is not activated at Delivery item level, it could be many reasons that the delivery was created withtout stock.

a) In MD04 you will have available  quantity due to incoming order.

b) You create the outbound delivery with a date in the future, for this coming date you will have available quantity.

etc, etc.

Regards Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery item category is activated for availability check and delivery created is in future ,

In MD04 Qty  availability qty shows "0",Still stock isn't posted .

Do I need to look into availability check  and checking rules .

Regards

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it will be helpful.

Regards

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checking Rule for deliveries is "B". So you should check in CO09 for the material, plant and checking rule "B" to see what the availability situation is.

I suspect the following is happening on your system - consider this example:

Stock = 10.

Sales Order created with a required quantity of 10.

In CO09 (or MD04), this will show an available quantity = 0. 10 in stock - requirement of 10 in the sales order = 0.

However, when you deliver the sales order, a delivery for quantity will be created. This is because the sales order which holds the requirement of 10 will be released and replaced by a delivery that will use up the available stock.

If this does not help, please post a screenshot of your CO09 transaction here.

Answers (0)