Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas for CRM Dynpro screens

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are investigating a requirement to use Screen Personas for some CRM screens. I have been involved in the Screen Personas webinars and generally it has been mentioned that Screen Personas does not work for SAP CRM because CRM has a different UI rendering technology (i.e. CRM Web UI).

But, a CRM system also has Dynpro screens, so, shouldn't Screen Personas work on those screens, thereby allowing for Screen Personas to create screens on top of the CRM Dynpro screens?

Further more, these screens are to be accessed on tablet browsers, not on desktops. Any pointers or obervations regarding this would also be helpful.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say CRM has dynpro screens. Do you mean ABAP dynpro or web dynpro? Do they run in SAPgui, and more importantly in webgui? If not, Personas won't work with them.

When you say "accessed on tablet browsers" what do you mean by "tablet"? Remember the current Personas requires Silverlight, and Silverlight is not supported on mobile operating systems - Android, iOS, or even Windows RT. The only tablets Personas will work on are full Windows (Not RT) tablets, like the Microsoft Surface Pro and Dell Venue Pro. Even then, if you are expecting a tablet-like experience it is hard to achieve. I've tried.

Steve.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick response. I have been following your blogs a lot and they have been immensely helpful.

To answer your question, I meant CRM ABAP Dynpro screens. Generally, end users are using CRM Web UI (i.e. Web Dynpro screens), but we were investigating if we could use Screen Personas for the underlying CRM ABAP Dynpro. In the webinars, it was mentioned that Screen Personas will not work on CRM. My understanding was because CRM has Web UI. But, what about the CRM ABAP screens. Can't Screen Personas be used for those screens?  

And, specifically, we were looking at iPad, but iPad does not support Silverlight, so we were looking at the option of Screen Personas with HTML, I understand it works partially but the end user experience is not good. I mentioned tablets, because I wanted to know if there are other devices it will work on. But from your answer above, it seems unlikely.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it sounds like you could use Personas with the screens you are talking about, but, for now at least, not on the devices you want. For most use cases, the HTML version of Personas 2 is too limited. You may have read some of the things that have been posted in the last few weeks about the next version - for example, . This HTML-based version of Personas will be as functional as the current Silverlight version, but there is no release date as yet.

Finally, currently webgui, which is entirely HTML-based, does not fully work on all mobile platforms. It isn't supported on iOS, for example. It works mostly, but not completely. The new Personas will be the same. It isn't intended for developing mobile interfaces.

Steve.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that. I went through the link, so iPad support is likely with Personas 3.0 although the experience will be the same as Web GUI along with its limitations.

Just going back to the discussion of CRM ABAP screens, while you mention it is possible, I wonder if the Personas add-on is CRM compatible and if SAP notes with updates/fixes to Personas would be targetting CRM.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not seen any mention of plans to support CRM web UI.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for helping out on this Steve. I will look at some Fiori apps to see if the business case is satisfied by some of those.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uh SAP GUI is not supported for CRM 52 and above so screen personas are not an option.  If you want iPad support for CRM applications your best bet is to implement 7.0 EHP3 and then use some of the fiori applications or build your own.

Fiori is a better use case if you want applications to run on the iPad for both CRM or non-CRM stuff.  I wouldn't use personas for that scenario.

Take care,

Stephen

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephen, I will investigate the Fiori option.