cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend the mapping table when a new field is added to the data model?

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have added a new field to the entity PCTR and run the structures.. My new field was created in structure /MDG?_SX_0G_PCTR.

My understanding is that I have to map it in the service mapping for USMDZ6_0G_PCTR.

How do I get it in structure MDGF_PRFT_CTR_RPLCTN_REQ_PRFT to be able to map it?

Thanks

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan,

Once you generate the structures, In service mapping tool(SMT) mappings, you need to provide the source and target structure for both active and staging area.

Once it got saved and activated,In Generate structure for MDGIMG, under Mapping option you can embedded the name of the structures.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please explain what you mean with mapping option. When I generate the structures I see the mapping folder below the structures but it is empty.

Do you have to maintain values before you generate the structures or after you have generated the structures?

In my example I created a new field for Profit Center. I now the structures are  /MDG_SX_0G_PCTR and MDGF_PRFT_CTR_RPLCTN_REQ_PRFT because I can see them when I try to extend mapping but still do not understand how I add the field to MDGF_PRFT_CTR_RPLCTN_REQ_PRFT.

Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

Thanks

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Which field you are adding in the data model? Please give me the field name.

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am adding field ZPCTRGRP(Data Element - PHINR) and linking this in the mapping USMD_IDOC_0G_PRCMAS with KHINR.

Thanks

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Thanks. Are you adding Profit center group? Any particular reason?

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes it is the profit center group. By default it creates against the standard group but we need to have an option to reassign it to 22 additional options.

Thanks

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

PC group is already part of data model still you are extending it? Can you please explain it in detail?

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain. When we create a profit center we need to be able to dictate against which Standard Hierarchy node it needs to be created for. By defult is creates in the Standard Hierarchy group for the Controlling are.Thus we have multiple nodes that can be used but only one value will be allowed for the Profit center. After the profit center was created we would need to do the link to another profit center group in the hierarchy.

Thanks

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Have you used collective processing? You can specify group there and assign your PC.

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes,I have but it does not change the value in my Profit Center master.

Regards

Riaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you generate the structures, there is a folder on the left that says: mapping. Make sure your field is in that structure.

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Does a step by step guide exist to show how the full process is done when a new field is added, including the replication?

Thanks

Riaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this one:

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the document. I have managed to successfully map the field in USMD_IDOC_0G_PRCMAS.

The field that I am using is PHINR(Profit Center area)  because we don't want the Profit center Area to be created with the default for the standard area. Instead we want to be able to send a different field value and also be able to change the field value in the profit center.

It still defaults to the Standard group and does not use my entry when I replicate using the idoc.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Riaan