cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get_EntitySet Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm developing a SAPUI5 Application and consume data via the SAP Gateway Service and OData Model.

Now all I want to do is to get all Entities to a specific Parameter.

For example:

<host>/<service>/WorkItems(Guid=guid'xxxxxxxxxxxxx')

In the table I select from are many different Guids. With the URI above I want to get all the

WorkItems which have the specified Guid(xxxxxxxxxxxx).

If I want to get one Entity I have to specify at least 3 parameters to get one Entity( that works fine with the GET_ENTITY method).

I also don't think that the $filter method is suitable for my case because there are a lot of WorkItems to filter and that would be a massive performance issue wouldn't it?

Can you please help me or is it even possible this way?

If I try it out, a 500 SAP internal Server Error raises, because the ASSERT condition is violated.

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Performance of your OData call is not dependent on how you call the service ($filter or fetching-by-key). Rather it is dependent on how you implement/code those.

Your OData model should be driven by the UI5 application, and then you implement each method by calling the right API in backend/ABAP.

If a GUID cannot identify a single record, but you require all work items related to GUID, then you should use $filter. And in the backend implementation/code, put a external breakpoint and debug to find out where it fails.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Krishna,

It works now with the $filter method.

Thank you very much that helped me a lot!

Answers (0)