cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM module decommisioning-Actvities needed on application system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our customer is decommisioning the EM module from their SAP business system. Therefore, we need to know on the set of activities that are to followed on application system as a part of this task.

(We are posting this query to gain information on the changes needed on Application system (R/3). Our current set-up includes portal, R/3 and data flows from R/3 to EM.)

The objective here is to ensure that the functionality of event generation (Event handlers, Event messages) from application system is disabled so that the there is no outbound flow of data from Application system to EM.

Hope I have made my question clear. Please advise your inputs focused on the technical aspects (functions) and configuration set-up.

Regards,

Astha Dubey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Astha,

you can disable EM here:

Transaction BF11

Remove Flag for PI-EM.

Afterwards no EM communication should happen anymore.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen for your quick response.

Okay, performing the suggested steps would stop the communication between the two systems.

We also wish to ensure that after this is done, there shouldn't be any event generation in R/3 system so that there is no event generated and flown to the outbound queue of application system as due to the absent link between the two systems, the events (if generated) will get stuck there.

So I am looking for the possibility if any other function need be disabled or the advised steps suffice to achieve this?

Thanks again!

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Astha,

this you achieve with this flag.

Technically this flag is checked before the EM API is called. So if you disable it EM customizing will not be checked and no AO Type and Event Type handdlings is processed.

Best regards,

Steffen