cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payload as File name at Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement for a PROXY to File Scenario where Receiver files has to be named dynamically with a value from the Payload that I get. Also the particular field that has the file name should be unmapped with the Receiver.

For Example,

<row>

<Name>Alex</Name>

<DOB>27062014</DOB>

<City>Delhi</City>

</row>

If this is the Payload I get, I want the Receiver file name to be "27062014.txt". At the same time this particular field should not be mapped at the Receiver end.

I have tried a few links which confuse me further.Kindly help me,

Thanks in advance,

Sree Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

If you don't want to do use UDF then you can use Variable Substitution for your

scenario. with this you can avoid mapping of your target element.

Regards,

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I tried using Variable Substitution but the Variable that I mention in the Variable Substitution table in Receiver Channel Parameters wont get the value from ESR. It throws this exception though all parameters are Correct.

"The following variable was not found in the message payload: var ".

Kindly advice

Sree Ram

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share your configuration of variable substitution from IB / relevant message type from ESB

Maybe digging in deeper with XPI Inspector might help also.

HTH

Cheers

Jens

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Please check if the case is correct. refer the below discussion

reference blog for variable substitution

regards,

Harish

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

for your requirement you probably will be fine with variable substitution. Please have a look here for more details on how to implement.

Dynamic file name and directory in Receiver File Adapter - summary of possibilities - Process Integr...

If things turn out to be more complex you still may go on with dynamic configuration which is also described in above Wiki.

HTH

Cheers

Jens

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree Ram,

Use Dynamic Configuration code in a UDF in mapping to set FileName and enable ASMA in receiver file channel

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

You can go for UDF which have dynamic configuration code  for which take input as that value and map to the output of udf to top node of the structure

Regards

GB