Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAM auto approval

nguyen_huynh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anyone already has experience with auto approval.

We would like to test such a function.

Optioal idea is:

user select high level attributes and UAM get some default "uncritical/compliant" roles.

once the request is submitted the request is auto approved and user can start working.

More critical roles needs to follow the standard process.

Thanks for any idea and help.

Regards Nguyen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

an option can be to define role approver for critical roles whereas less critical roles do not have role owners. In the workflow you can trigger roles without role owners that provisioning happens directly whereas roles with role owners need an approval first.

I am not sure whats your understandig for "high level attributes" so I suggested a possible solution.

Regards,
Alessandro

nguyen_huynh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

nice possible solution, which I would like to follow.

Can you let me know how to proceed with "In the workflow you can trigger roles without role owners that provisioning happens directly". I am not aware of such an option in AC.

Thanks a lot and regards Nguyen

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

just do not maintain any stages for your path.

Regards,

Alessandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is easily doable by implementing a custom initiator and having the "Compliant" path set up with no stages. It is this path that will have the "Compliant" roles pass through for Auto Approval.

Another path will be set up with a stage to assess/approve the critical roles.

If you want all compliant roles assigned with immediate affect (irrespective of if the critical roles have been approved or awaiting approval), then ensure your provisioning setting is set to "Auto-Provision at end of Path".

All the best