cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a dynamic receiver determination based on a table an SAP PI ABAP Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

currently I get stuck dealing with a problem about the receiver determination. Let me first describe the Problem: We are using to different SAP ERP- backend system in our test enviroment. But only of this systems is marked as current "actuall" test system. Every once in a while we need to switch between these two systems and mark the other one as the actual test system.

This is the point were it get's a little bit time consuming for me: We have about 50 interfaces were I need to change the receiver from test system A to test system B or vice versa. So I thought about creating a more dynamic way to determine the actual test system:

Therefore I have created a table on the ABAP stack of our PI (7.31 double stack) with just one field that holds the current test system. Now I would like to create a dynamic receiver determination where I call the RFC-function RFC_READ_TABLE. But how can I acess a table from the grapchical mapping of the pi which is stored on the PI?

Is there mybe another fundamental way to retrieve the actuall test system within the mapping?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go for enhanced receiver determination, where in you can determine the receiver system using a graphical mapping.

Now in that graphical mapping, use the standard function " RFC Look up" and make a call to bapi and get the actual receiver system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b64ca6-b1e3-2b10-4c9b-c48234cce...

Step by Step guide to Explain Enhanced Receiver Determination - Application Server Infrastructure - ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh! This is the solution that I also figured out. I have implemented the extended receiver determination within some interfaces.

But now there is one question remaining:

Is there a way to create the mapping a little bit more dynamic? Currently I need to create a message and operation mapping for every interface, even so I am always callign the same function and don't need any other values from the input field.

Can I create a dynamic mapping with input field as placeholder? So that this message and operation mapping can be used within every  receiver determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is correct, you want make the operation mapping for extended receiver determination to be common across the interfaces.

It is possible as long as you use the same sender service interface for all the interfaces where ever you want to use that. Given that you have to check how feasible it is for your project requirements(fcc). how do you want achieve normal message mapping for each interface?

So, my suggestion is don't make it too complex.

If my initial understanding is wrong, I am sorry please explain me in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I have round about 40 different interface where I need to use enhanced receiver determination. Unfortunately it is note the same sender interface and that's the pain point in my opinion.

I don't think that it is possible do use just one "dynamiv sender interface" to use for the extended receiver determination....

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I dont think it is possible. You just have to go with separate interfaces.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you have same sender interface and need to identify the receiver system/service, so you can use one enhance receiver determination mapping for that.

check the below wiki. the mapping use the data type/message type from basis SWCV and you can use lookup/RFC/UDF to populate receiver service/system name based on input.

Enhanced Receiver Determination in SAP XI - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for your answers. I went for the enhanced receiver determination in connection with a RFC-Lookup in an UDF.