Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMon Setup: Check user for data collection

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm trying to configure Business Process Monitoring in our Solution Manager system and I'm stuck in the step "Check User for Data Collection". See screenshot. I mark this row and click on "Execute Selected". A background job is scheduled and finishes after some 6 seconds, But this step is still marked as "Activity not yet performed". Any idea how this can be solved? I read the documentation, notes and the troubleshooting guide but found nothing about this specific problem.

Many thanks for any help!

Calin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Calin

The status will remain grey as long as there are clients in the managed system that have not been connected to the Solution Manager.

However, if there are clients the you would not like to connect to Solman on purpose, he can simply set the execution status to “manually performed”, then the activity will be set to green. I have attached some screen shots from a test system so you can see what I mean.

Best Regards

Mark

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

OK, this can be the situation here. The managed system has some clients and I don't know if all of them are connected to SolMan.

But I wouldn't put that check manually to green...

Thanks,

Calin

0 Kudos

Hi Calin

Manually changing the status to Green is completely optional as it does not affect the RFCs that you have setup....hence you are able to collect data.

But the reason that I have outlined is why you are getting a Grey status.

Best Regards

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi All

As requested by a user I have created a Knowledge Based Article for the issue:

2044761 - Business Process Monitoring Setup "Check user for data collection" showing incorrect status in Solution Manager 7.1

Thanks for the good feedback!

Best Regards

Mark

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since its a simple schedule for 10:00 am everyday so it will start at that time. For the first time it may take some time to get reflected in the Alert Inbox otherwise it will get reflected within 5-10 mins of the scheduled collection time. Even if its a green alert it will be shown in the alert inbox.

However since you are just testing you can schedule it after 15 mins so can come to know quickly whether its working or not.

Make sure you don't  schedule it within 5 mins of the current time as the BPMon job runs every 5 mins to check if data is to be collected for any keyfigure, so if the job has just run and you schedule data collection after lets say 2 mins than the data collection will not happen.

Also if possible check the box of data collection in back ground so a job will run in the managed system and you can go to the managed system and check in SM37 whether BPM Data Collection job ran or not.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Calin,

These are just the steps to make sure that the BPMon infrastructure is in place. It doesn't matter much if everything is in place.

I believe the more important thing for you is the productive use of BPMon.  You should go ahead and configure a key figure. Even if this step really has a problem it will not have any adverse impact. You can correct it afterwards also.

If you start data collection then you will get to know if everything is in place. If the data collection happens that means that infrastructure is set.

I would suggest just go ahead and set up one keyfigure.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I jumped over that step in the configuration and have scheduled my first BPMon key figure.

When will the monitoring start?

It is simple schedule on every working day (monday till friday) every hour with beginning time 10:00:00.

Thanks!

Calin

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Calin,

Did you get any alerts?

Regards,

Vishal

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I got some alerts. First they were red, because I didn't know which threshold values to use.

Now I even used BP Analytics and Dashboards. Seems to work for that simple key figure that I configured.

I scheduled the key figure once a day. I read somewhere in the documentation that if you schedule it too often then it can slow the managed system down.

But I'm still puzzled about my original question about "check user for data collection".

Many thanks Vishal!

Calin

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Calin,

If the read RFC connection to the managed system is working fine with the user assigned to it than you can go ahead with the configuration tab. The collection should happen and BPMon will work.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Maybe it will work, even if this check isn't passed. But I would like to know how to pass this check. I opened an incident with SAP and was told to add following two roles to the user in the SOLMAN_READ RFC connection:

SAP_S_CSMREG
SAP_MANAGED_BPOANA_ALL

But this doesn't solve the problem of passing this test.

Best regards,

Calin

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Calin,

These roles are indeed needed for the read RFC user. Did you start the BPMon data collection?

I mean have you set up any monitor and collecting data for any of its key figure?

Because it may be possible that the check is not being shown as green in the set up because of some bug but otherwise everything is in place.

Regards,

Vishal

former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

no, I did not start any data collection. I'm just configuring the technical aspect of BPMon with the wizard. When I've finished it, then I will choose a key figure and start monitoring it...

But I don't knoe how important this "Check User for Data Collection" step is.

Regards,

Calin

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member669881
Participant
0 Kudos

I loaded this note 1727233 into our SolMan development system.

And it says that the note is not relevant and obsolete.

Any other idea?

PS: maybe the note should be loaded to the managed system?