cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control activity confirmation ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

How to control activity confirmation ex. i have provided work 100 M, when i post activity 110 M it is allowing. where it will be control. pl suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purna,

Please consult your ABAPer to suggest an user exit for controlling the activity confirmation. The user exit shall be valid for the transaction codes cn25/cn27.

As far as I know there is a user exit which shall control the activity confirmation.

Regards

Varun

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

Is there any standard control in confirmation parameters.

Regards

Purna

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

If you use CATS for confirmations it could be a possibilty to make a validation there.

An ABAP person should be able to create coding to check that the entered value + alreadye entered confirmations < than "Work" at the activity - and raise warning or error to prevent the confirmation to be saved.

Regards

Lone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a standard practice it will allow to post more than specified Qty on network.

Whatever we specify the Qty is for planning purposes only and system keep accepting the either lower side of the Qty or higher side of the Qty. it will never restrict either side before setting close status on network activity.

There are other two possible ways to control your postings but your consideration to practicality and business user problems is more important than introducing restrictions in the system.

1. Increase the planned value to match actual value. That would be realistic value.

2. If you are setting any control to not to allow posting beyond planned value, then every time you have to change the planned value on NWA. Else system will not allow to post more than that and keep giving an error.

This would be a combursome process. if you miss at the time of month end closing, then you will not be able to book the previous month end Qty so you have to book for current month.

Keeping second point in mind, i will suggest let it go as you post the actuals. correct planned value to match actual qty. This would be best suggestion. Else you can implement custom enhancement CONFPS05 to suit to your reqirement. discuss with your ABAPer and take forward.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purna,

Good to hear that !!! Kindly mark the answer as helpful/correct in case you feel that it has provided you with the right solution.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purna,

You will need to go for a z-development as there is no standard control in confirmation parameters.

Regards

Varun

0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked OPST settings and could not found anything. However, there is a field called Final Confirmation under default values. Press F1 and read its help.

Lets wait for other experts to comment on this. However, you may try  the user exits that I have provided to you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the following user exit with your ABAPer

CONFPS05 PS confirmation: Customer specific enhancements when saving

CNEX0028 Check activity release.

One more thing I want to ask? Are you maintaining any activity type in KP26? I mean, i am concerned about work center settings or are you just doing work related confirmation through CN25?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Amit....may be controlled by Validation? Not sure about this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Even I am also not sure how this can be handled through validation. I don't think that the validation part can be worked through CN25. But all is well that ends well because this query has been marked as correct answer so lets not waste time here by scratching our heads here . There are many more to come..

Regards,

Amit