cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am performing a split mapping via java mapping in a FILE to FILE scenario. In sender file adapter i am using file content conversion. I have 2 files i want to process via PI. The files sizes are 16kb and 75 kb. When i process 16kb file there is no problem in mapping or in scenario, it works just fine.

But when i try to process 75kb file i am getting the error below.

When i test the same payload in operation mapping it is executed successfully. What could be the reason for getting this error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: Java mapping as text is attached.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

The problem was with the input payload, it contained "bytes" as NULL as you can see in image below.

Is there any way i can manage to ignore those "NULL" s in java mapping? Or change them in to space? Because when i do cut and copy the contents in the file "NULL" characters change into space character, after that it works just fine.

Thanks,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is resolved. Seems \0 is 0x0(NUL) in hexadecimal.. I put a piece of code that replaces "\0" to " " in input stream of java mapping before parsing XML data.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark the thread as answered if the issue is resolved.

Regards

Osman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to add the trace in the program at different levels. so that you can understand at what point the exception is occuring.

-naresh

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Faruk,

I would suggest using XPI Inspector to track down the error.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1514898

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Operation mapping does not fail for the input payload, could you tell in details, what could be the reason?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be the 16kb file is generating only one target file whereas 75 kb generates multiple files.

Operation mapping doesn't fail as the actual split happens during interface determination (after the mapping execution)

Can you share the output xml after your java mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faruk,   This is a generic error, it means that is not only one reason, maybe you should check queues, java mapping, data ranges and Active objects. Regards.