cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira not loading in Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please check the error log below which I got while lumira loading and terminated immediately. Please check and help me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!SESSION 2014-06-27 06:38:59.235

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_51

java.vendor=SAP AG

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2014-06-27 06:39:07.316

!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2014-06-27 06:39:07.316

!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.DeclaredServiceActivator. The reference is: Reference[name = IActivatorBase, interface = com.sap.ip.bi.base.bundle.IActivatorBase, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = addRICActivator, unbind = removeRICActivator]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-06-27 06:39:15.178

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/UIManager : cannot initialize class because prior initialization attempt failed

at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(JPanel.java:126)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:86)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:109)

at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:117)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(JRootPane.java:545)

at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(JRootPane.java:365)

at javax.swing.JWindow.createRootPane(JWindow.java:274)

at javax.swing.JWindow.windowInit(JWindow.java:264)

at javax.swing.JWindow.<init>(JWindow.java:218)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.DynamicSplashScreen$SplashWindow.<init>(DynamicSplashScreen.java:58)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.DynamicSplashScreen.<init>(DynamicSplashScreen.java:35)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.DynamicSplashScreen.create(DynamicSplashScreen.java:195)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.V2Main.createDynamicSplashScreen(V2Main.java:203)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.V2Main.createProgressViewer(V2Main.java:193)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.V2Main.<init>(V2Main.java:178)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.DesktopV2Application.start(DesktopV2Application.java:32)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)

Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge

at java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:807)

at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:893)

at javax.swing.UIManager.<clinit>(UIManager.java:377)

at javax.swing.filechooser.WindowsFileSystemView.<clinit>(FileSystemView.java:672)

at javax.swing.filechooser.FileSystemView.getFileSystemView(FileSystemView.java:79)

at com.sap.hilo.util.directories.DirectoriesManager.getWindowsDocumentsDir(DirectoriesManager.java:458)

at com.sap.hilo.util.directories.DirectoriesManager.initHiloDocumentsDir(DirectoriesManager.java:421)

at com.sap.hilo.util.directories.DirectoriesManager.<init>(DirectoriesManager.java:86)

at com.sap.hilo.util.directories.DirectoriesManager.<clinit>(DirectoriesManager.java:42)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.v2.DesktopV2Application.start(DesktopV2Application.java:25)

... 12 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bernd_hofmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same error running Lumira Desktop in a virtual Windows image. I followed all the above mentioned hints with no success. What finally solved the issue was http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1963482.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just adding a link to the KBA that is visible on SCN. Service.SAP.com is only available to customers  with S user ID (typically Enterprise).

KBA:   1963482  - SAP Lumira desktop does not run and does not give an error message

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

franciscoalmeida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Has the issue been sorted out for you?

I am facing the same problem on my local laptop, and I don't have themes or VMs.

The logs consistently show the error below every time I try launching Lumira (Predictive Analysis has the same result).

I have tried installing as administrator, running as administrator, uninstalling, reinstalling, disk cleanup, Note 1963482, and ensured I'm running the latest version (1.18) 64 bits on a 64 bits OS (Windows 7). The application launches, the splash screen shows up, it start loading modules, and when it gets to "loading module 'Publish to SAP HANA'" it hangs and stops.

If anyone has another idea, please share. Thanks.

!SESSION 2014-09-10 11:58:09.479 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_51

java.vendor=SAP AG

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2014-09-10 11:58:10.899

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2014-09-10 11:58:10.899

franciscoalmeida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Problem solved for me.

Thanks to Henry Banks' suggestion, all I had to do is delete the folder C:\Users\Public\sapvi, and launch it again - and it worked!

That is mentioned on this post:

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Just a suggestion - with your screen shot I understand that you are using Windows 7 on mac VM.

Why don't you try installing Lumira on a fresh VM of windows.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I am sorry, it's just a theme pack I have installed in Win 7. I am a Mac fan ...

No one replying if there is a an older version not....can you tell me, if there any older version available?

Thanks,

Alex

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, the older versions are not kept on the SWDC catalog , nor on the SAPstore

I think your VMware (running on Mac ) is limiting the system resources being offered to the application - hence the crash.  So my first reply still applies

regards,

H

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Since you mentioned that you are using a Theme pack of Mac. I believe there might be some issue with the theme pack as most of the times theme pack ruins the core windows system files and causes trouble.

So if you don't want to format your existing windows installation then - i recommend you to build a windows VM on the same machine and try installing Lumira on that. I should work.

Note:- Officially Windows - Microsoft do not support or recommend installing any theme pack on top of windows. With the latest version windows 8.1 (by default Windows screen filter will not allow you run any executable of that kind) - though you have option of  - suppressing the filter and running it any way .

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks. This would be a nice try. I will uninstall the theme pack and give a try with

Lumira.

Thanks again,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Its a theme pack and I am giving a shot with uninstalling it.

Thanks for the help. You guys are wonderfull.

Regards,

Alex

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I hope following steps will sort out your issue:

1. UnInstall the broken installation.
  2. Do a disk-cleanup in windows - which will clear out your temp files and other dump installation file.
  3. Install latest version of Java.
  4. Restart your windows system.
  5. Now Install Lumira 32 Bit.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thank you.This is the first step I have tried.Is there any link available for older versions?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Which version are you installing? Is this the latest 1.17 release?

@Kumar, not sure to understand the reasoning behind "3.Install latest version of Java" as SAP Lumira is coming with its own version of the JVM.

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

I am using the latest version 1.17 32bit. Is there any older version available?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How much memory is installed on this 32-bit laptop?   ideally you need ~4Gb RAM min., with 3gb available.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you for looking onto it. I have attached my sysinfo. Please check and suggest.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well you've got just under 3 available, so I would try another approach.

Uninstall the current (broken) installation

run the installer again, this time - doing right-click 'Run as Administrator' on the setup.exe

Once completed, launch the application - again, doing right-click 'Run as Administrator', this time on the lumira.exe

let us know

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I have tried the suggested steps and also tried some experiments with compatibility modes. Still not working. Any other work around?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try downloading the 64 bit version of Lumira?  Just a thought...even though your Windows 7 is 32 bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your concern. I wont able to install it, if it is 64 bit. But in this case I have successfully completing the installation every time.