cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Reprocessing of failed messages in SAP PI 7.3.1 Single Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on FILE to IDOC Interface. I have encountered a new problem today.

When we started testing this interface, the message were failing at the IDOC Adapter.

When I debuged the error, I found that, we were passing chars for a Date Field in IDOC.

I updated the mapping on the same and when I tested the Interface it works fine end to end.

However when I want reprocess the failed message from monitoring, the failed messages are being reprocessed from the point of failure and not from the beginning of Pipeline

Since the changes are made at the mapping , none of failed messages are being processed.Did any face the same issue and how did u guys resolve it. Can you please help me on this.

Thanks

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

click the "open message" button in message monitoring. where it will open a single selected message with different versions. select the version 0 and press "resend". hope this will help

-naresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

It worked. Thanks

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

That is the correct behavior in PI. Reprocessing of failed messages are always restarted from the point of failure and not the beginning of the pipeline.

If you want the messages to start at the beginning of the pipeline, you need to resend them, in your case, put the file in the source directory.

Rgds

Eng Swee