cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM-WM Stock Difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a condition where i have stock at IM level quality stock ex: 100, but in warehouse there is no quality stock..

I want to balance it..ie clear IM stock..

Please suggest possible options apart from LX23..

I checked for movement type 704 but it is not working through MB11.. any idea how is it possible..

or any other movement type if will work/?

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Your post is bit confusing as we are getting two message

1) when you are comparing IM with WM, IM is having the stock for material and WM is not having the stock at all for this material not even in Unrestricted or block status

if WM is not having stock for this material at all then there is a mismatch in your IM and WM stock assuming the SLOC in IM is WM Managed or else during receipt you might have received in NON-WM managed storage location hence no update required in WM and once you will compare IM with WM you will have qty greater in IM then WM

2)When you are comparing IM with WM, in WM stock is there in other stock category (unres, Block ) for the material but not in quality status

if this scenario exist then it seems there is some pending posting change notice exist in warehouse where initiation happens in IM but PCN is still waiting for TO creation.

Easiest way to find whether any open TO exist against the PCN where a request has been initiated to move the stock from U to Q. Use LT23, Check any open TO where storage type 922 involved and TO is still in unconfirmed status, if yes confirm using the LT12 and recheck the IM and WM stock

Also you can check the same in IM by using MB51 with MVT 321 , system will list out all the entry double click the material document find the PCN number

Once you have the PCN number then goto LU03 enter the warehouse and PCN number and click on processing status it will display the transfer order number. Pick the transfer order number and check whether it is confirmed or not using T-Code LT21, if not confirmed then confirm using T-code LT12 and check the stock of IM & WM

Please let me know if the above steps helps for analysis

Also wondering what are you planning to achieve by using LX23 and 704, can you please explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes, 2nd case applies to my case. But there is no open PCN or TO. Everything is confimed.

Yes, LX23 i was able to see the stock difference and outside i have checkbox of clear difference.

And i read some post, where it was written that i should go with MB11 Tcode and 702 movement type for unrestricted such removal, and 708 for block...(correct)

As i have stock in quality, i checked that 704 is there for quality stock,.. but when i tried using 704 in MB11... it is throughing error as movement type is not relevant for this transaction...

So, if ill get to know the tcode as well for 704, it would be great.

Thanks

Neha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

701 to 708 movements are inventory movements for storage locations which are not warehouse managed., for warehouse managed locations the inventory movements are from 711 to 718

if you have an inconsistency,  then you have to use LX23. Normal movements will not help at all, as any movement carried out in IM for a warehouse managed location will result in a WM posting too. You cannot do any movement independent from WM in a warehouse managed storage location.

As you just said that the second case would be your case, it is somehow contrary to your initial description. you said you have no stock in WM, now you are saying you have this stock but just in another stock type.

I think it would be a big help for yourself to post screen shots of MMBE and LS24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgan,

Sory could not provide you the screenshot,,

But i confirm that at IM level there is unrestricted/Quality and blocked all 3 types of stock are there..

But with Unrestricted and Blocked quantities, similar quantity is present at WM level also...

But for Qualtity stock in IM,,,, there is no quality stock in WM...

Also, the sum of unrestricted+ block stock in IM = Sum of unrestricted + block in WM...

So , there is no hope also.. that this quality in IM will be there in unrestricted/block in WM...

I hope it is clear now...

Also, as extra stock can easily be removed by physical inventory clearance , so i was thinking for 702 and 704 and 708.. (unrestricted/Quality/Block)...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute LU04 and check if you can find an unprocessed posting change notice.

You just said the Q stock is different, but did not say whether the overall stock quantity is equal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes i checked the quality stock in IM is extra.

Suppose i have 10 in unrestricted, 5 in quality and 3 in block at IM level...

In WM level i checked i have 13.. ie with unrestricted and block.

But none quality and neither if quality was moved..that also not there..

Also, i executed LU04 but there is no open TOs or PCNs for this.

Thanks

Neha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you give a proof that this IM stock should be in WM too?

are these 5 in the same location as the 10 and 3?

Is it a new case or something left from the very beginning of your system, e.g. from times before you activated WM?

Do you use Quality Module and inspection lots, or just the "post in to quality stock"  indicator?

This makes a difference in the solution, so it is needed to know  to give a straight answer.

Why wont you use LX23?

It is the designated transactions to clear inconsistencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. for my plant A.. has slocs from B to D.. and all are assigned to single warehouse Z.

A  - B   - Z

A  - C  -Z

A  - D  - Z

No, stock is in different slocs and batches.. i just summed all..

i am not sure if it is old or new..

yes quality module is used.. but not sure from when it has been activated... because for few old docs..i dint find any inspection lot related/.

yes LX23 is last option.. but its not recommended, so dont want to use..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is LX23 not recommend?

It is recommended as it is the ONLY transaction to clear inconsistencies between IM and MM.

It just should not be used careless. It should be used after a profound analysis why it came to this difference.

The quant should have enough information e.g. quant number and GR date to at least assume in which period it was created.

if this quant is in a bin then you should as well find TOs for the movement from the interim storage type to the bin.

once you could trace it to a certain date then you can compare it with the movements from MB51 on that day. This could give you an impression about the root cause.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

With all the information provided by you and above thread exchange we can only suggest you to have a look on your transaction history in the system using MB51 for the material.In this particular case without looking at system transaction history it is very difficult for any one of us to provide the actual reason for the difference however we can

think certain possible reason

1) Since you have three storage location. is this mismatch is in one particular location, if yes might be during initial stock upload team might have missed to update the same in WM or

2) initially the Sloc was only IM managed and later on they made it to WM managed but missed to take care of existing stock

if you are confident that these stock doesn't exist in warehouse and want to correct it then as suggested by Jurgen you can go ahead with LX23 to correct the same with approval from your  organization senior management as addition or reduction of stock can have financial impact