cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use new cost center field, new profit center field, new account field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I create a new change request of adding new GL account, or that of new cost center, or that of new profit center, I normally enter the new GL code GL01, or new cost center CC01 or profit center code PC01 in "General Data" section on the change requst screen,  these codes (GL01, CC01, PC01) are landed in ECC upon data replication.

I do see there is another field called "New Account" of GL change request, or "New Cost Center" of CC change request, or "New Profit Center" of PC change requst all of which is under "Administrative Data" section. I have never used it. but I was wondering what the purpose it will serve and how should I use them.

Please advise,

Thanks,

LUO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

The new GL / new cost center or PC field is used when the GL or CC or PC is blocked. Purpose is for documentation only. That is what I know about it.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the info. I don't quite understand though. could you tell me more about the usage of each? Why it is used when GL or CC or PC is blocked? Would the new cost center code entered replace old cost center master record?

Thanks,

LUO