cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASS Maintenance - Product Tax Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to update the Product Tax Code which exists in Sales Org1 Data. I tried in MM17 but there is no data field to update or remove the Tax Code.

Actually i need to remove product tax code for more than 150 products, i can this can be done in MM02 but doing 150 or more materials will take very long time. Is there any other option or transaction code to do this changes.

Attached screen shot for your reference.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Ranjith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

@Moazzam - Yes I am not seeking for tax classification code change which i already aware and i need to change the Product Tax Code in a Mass method for specific sales orgs.

You have mentioned that i need to do some configuration changes to udpate the product tax code in MM17 by using MLAN table. Can you explain what configuration change should i made ?

You help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Ranjith

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Tax condition type and tax classifications are two things related to material master data. Tax code is nothing in material master data.

For tax classification we do that with MM17. For tax condition type we need configuration to do. You are looking for changing tax condition type in material master and this has nothing to do with MM17 or MLAN table. Just change the tax condition types through SPRO and these will be reflected in all materials automatically. How to change or add tax condition types in material master has been discussed in many threads which you can find easily in SCN. I can't provide you step by step settings. I can just give you an idea and show you the right way to do. You have to do some efforts and R&D by yourself.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Could you please share the SPRO path to change Tax Classifications.

Regards,

BGaurav

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can find it in Google search easily.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Anwer and Navaneetha both of you are correct but I think OP missunderstood the tax classification and tax code fields. He actually wants to change tax classifications but he mentioned it tax code in his initial post. As he has said that he could do this in MM02 so we know we can change tax classification in MM02 not tax code. For changing Tax code or Tax Condition actually he needs to make some configuration changes. Tax code is nothing in material master. Its tax classification and tax condition.

As rightly said by Navaneetha we can surely do this in MM17 yb using MLAN table.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Moazzam Sir,

Thank you very much for the clarification, I was wondering what a Product Tax code is, The JPG image attached by Ranjit shows that code, I did check the sales org tab but could not find it.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do it in MM17 very well.

In MM17, select the "Tax Classification for Material"- (Table is MLAN) record and execute.

in the resultant screen, you can give the material numbers and the country code for which you want to create the records. Now execute again.

In the resultant screen, you can select the field to be updated and give the value.

This will update the value without any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Navaneetha, you have explained the steps for changing the "Tax Classification". The question Raised by Ranjit is to change Product Tax Code.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right .Only tax class available .It seems we only option  LSMW .