cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center csv import failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am trying to import cost centers via automatic import scheduled jobs from FTP . While importing the file , system is not able to identify the data type of the file . I have added #DataType[masterdata.CostCenter]  at the beginning of the file (CSV) but the problem is still there .  Can you please suggest what I am missing here ?

Below is one same record with the file I am trying

#DataType[masterdata.CostCenter]

COST_CENTER_ID, EXTERNAL_ID, DISPLAY_NAME, MANAGER, MANAGER_USER, DEPARTMENT, ADDRESS_1, ADDRESS_2, ADDRESS_3, CITY, STATE, POSTAL_CODE, COUNTRY, PARENT, DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION

876,987,test56,,,,,,,,,,,,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

In the setup --> System Administration  you can get  the standard template for the object type cost center from the data import

It may help you.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Raj

I am aware that standard templates are available in data import option . However , this are for manual import . We need to add some extra characters(below) at the beginning to automate the process ( to tell the system about the data type being imported ) else we need to manually select the data type from drop-down on next screen .

#DataType[masterdata.CostCenter]

I am facing issue while adding that character for automation .Basically system is not able to identify the data type being imported . If you have any information please help .

Also would be helpful if you can please guide me to get the xml format for importing 

Thanks

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudipta,

which SAP Sourcing version are you at? I`ve tested this successfully at 9.0 SP15

I was able to mport this from FTP with below structure in the file:

There are maybe two workarounds:

1) Try this with an Unicode text file (which is what I did, yet may not affect anything)

2) Try this with a modified Company Workbook where you`re just updating the Cost Centers

Let me know if this`ll work for you?

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann