cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard with QaaWS in iPad

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to consume a webi block (published as web service) with help of QaaWS connection. In desktop version this works fine. However, in iPad, it is unable to bring any data. I am using a separate conneciton refresh button to refresh the qaaws connection after components are loaded. I can see the button shows pressed after initializing and never completes the refresh.

Using :

SAP BO BI Platform 4.1 SP3 Patch2.

SAP BO Dashboards 4.1 SP3 Patch2

SAP BI Mobile v 5.1.2

Any idea ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit Das,

Please referer to SAP Note 2009428 - Error:"No network connection...retrieve data" seen when viewing the dashboards based on web services on the iPad.

Cause

dswsbobje needs to be deployed on the mobile server as we cannot access the URL: "http://mobileServer:port/dswsbobje"

This is due to the fact that 'dswsbobje' is not deployed on the application server where mobile service resides.

Resolution

Deploy dswsbobje on the mobile server.

1) Stop Tomcat.

2) First, deploy dswsbobje on mobile Tomcat servers using below command-line:

<wdeploy_folder>wdeploy tomcat7 -DAPP=dswsbobje deploy

3)Start Tomcat.

4) Check that you are able to access dswsbobje using: http:/localhost:8080\dswsbobje on Mobile server.

See Also

1608960 - How to deploy war files in BusinessObjects BI 4.x using the wdeploy command line utility

I hope it helps.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the KBA you mentioned. But I am not getting any error like what is mentioned in the KBA.

I am not having any error at all, but the connection never completes the refresh.

Any Idea ?

Regards,

Arijit

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One Update:

For enterprise user, the dashboards works in iPad.

For users with SAP Authentication, it is giving error.

Regards,

Arijit

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have noticed, if we change the authType from secEnterprise to secSAPR3 in the web service URL, then with hardcoded SAP credentials, the dashboard works. However, if we do not hardcode the credentials, it throws error.

We have raised this incident to SAP. SAP Support has confirmed this as a defect in the product and working with the product team for a fix.