cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW and PBF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently started our first PBF implementation. I have a technical question regarding PBF and the required pre-requisite of BW. My understanding is that the SAP NetWeaver BW is the backend component and required as stated in both the install and sizing guides. Will someone please confirm this? Also, has anyone successfully installed and configured PBF without the use of BW? We are in the process of migrating to HANA and would like to utilize the BI/BOBJ/EIM analytic solutions that SAP is offering, and expanding on in the future, instead of relying on older technologies. Moving forward, will the public budget tool be reliant on BW on HANA or what are possible implications of completely moving away from the BW solution?

I apologize if the above information is repetitive but I would like clarification as I am a BI consultant focusing on the public sector.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

The PBF system is essentially a NetWeaver BW system with Integrated Planning. It uses a Visual Composer front-end to support budget forms. I do not believe it is possible to install the PBF add on without a BW system. You do have an option as to where you create reports i.e. in the PBF BW system or another BW system.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are at the early stage of looking at PBF with BusinessObjects on HANA. I have the impression that  this means we do not need NetWeaver BW. You might get better response if you post your question to Tammy Powlas is the expert on this topic. Search for her name and ask questions on her blogs.

Regards,

Ming