0 Kudos

Hi

- I have activated inspection type 09

- Batch management is active

- Next inspection interval is maintained in material master

- Inspection lots are generated in QA07

- Batch stock is moved to blocked stock

Issue:

When I record the usage decision I want the batch stock to be automatically transferred from blocked stock to unrestricted stock.

How is this achievable?

I have searched for function module but I am not sure whether this is correct?

Please advise!

Eva Ahrens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to manage the stock status within recurring inspection, you have to send it to QI stock in QA07 (or batch status management).

Any inspection type can't control the blocked stock in standard SAP QM.

In other words the insp. lot can manage the unrestricted or QI or GR blocked.

Regards

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

T.code:QS51-->catlog 3--> select 09 selected set-->select required code--> in posting proposal UD option select  "To Unrestricted use stock;Blocked batch status"/ required options. Then take the UD system will automatically post stock to respective locations. 

0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the input, however it did not help.

The action that I need help for is that batch in blocked stock (we do not use batch status mgmt) should be transferred from blocked stock to unrestricted stock when the usage decision code Accepted is saved for the inspection lot.

I have tried with the following posting proposals:

- VMENGE01 To unrestricted stock, blocked batch status

- VMENGE01 To unrestricted stock, unrestricted batch status

BUT the fact is, once I have posted the UD, the batch stock is still in blocked stock.

Is a follow-up action required?

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

Can you please confirm inspection lot Quantity is in QI or Blocked?

Moreover, As you are moving stock to Blocked, it seems that Batch status management is not active, otherwise only batch status would have changed to restricted.

So i will recheck and confirm that whether "To unrestricted stock, blocked batch status" will work or not. I do not have access to SAP but i guess you should Try to use "To unrestricted stock" in selected set.

Amol.

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

the inspection lot quantity is moved to blocked stock.

If I run the process with move to QI stock, then the stock posting is working with transfer of inspection lot quantity from QI stock to unrestricted stock.

The strange thing is also that when using blocked stock during the inspection there is no tab page for stock quantities in the inspection lot.

But then it seems strange that this option exist - I seem to remember when testing appr. 10 years ago that it was working - perhaps a function module needs to be assigned to the usage decision code? I have looked but not found any suitable one yet.

I appreciate your help!

Eva

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eva,

This is interesting!!

When you are executing QA07, system creates stock irrelevant inspection lot and simultaneously posts stock to Blocked.

And now you want to post this stock when you give usage decision to same inspection lot.

Rather than going for user exit, stick to the simple process, get stock in QI and move it to unrestricted after UD. The reason i am proposing this is I dont see any specific reason to move stock to Blocked and post it to Unrestricted automatically when we can achieve same results using "move to QI stock".

Amol. 

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

In a way I think you are right, stick to the easy process with QI, BUT, QI stock is considered available stock and blocked stock not in customers setup.

Batches under recurring inspection should not be considered available stock until it has been proven that they are fit for use and then be transferred back to unrestricted stock. Otherwise the plant can make promises to customers that they will not be able to keep.

This is really bugging me, if SAP made it possible to put into blocked stock it should also be possible to restore to unrestricted stock. I have tried to find the total process documentation with SAP, but no success so far.

All the best and thanks for your help! Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would suggest a new ATP rule to not look at Q stock.

0 Kudos

Hi again,

Not to include Q stock would apply for the material as a whole and would also mean that incoming inspection for the materal would not be included in the ATP check which would not be desirable.

Eva

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Eva,

One more thing you can do is activating Batch status management. Once you activate, it will be applicable for all the batches so check its impact before activating.

What we can achieve is after executing QA07 system will not post stock to Blocked but it will change status of Batch as Restricted. And these batches will not be available stock. You can also exclude these batches in batch determination.

I have not checked this scenario with Inspection lot creation. So i would suggest to test this in Sanbox only if business can take a decision of activating Batch status management.

Amol.