cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting OB Delivery after TO confirmed in Lean WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I would like to know how one can delete the outbound delivery after Transfer Order is confirmed in Lean WM. As the material is not moved to interim storage type we cannot use LT0G to reverse the picking. What is the best approach in such cases?

I have read few discussion on SCN related to deletion of outbound delivery but was not clear on the solution provided,hence created a new thread.

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am not much familiar with Lean warehouse however as per my knowledge in Lean warehouse we don't maintain stock at bin level and stock is always at Storage location level also Transfer order in Lean warehouse is for ease of operation and it has no any impact on any stock related table.With that in mind you are allowed to delete the delivery even if the transfer order is confirmed. System won't stop you to delete the delivery

The only query you can have that what about the transfer order which still exist in the system and linked with the delivery document number. As far as i can visualize i don't see any SAP Standard solution how to remove TO detail however we need expert input from other SCN member also who are familiar with LEAN WM process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

It dose prevent us from deleting the delivery. What i usually do i change the delivery and Pick quantity to 0 (zero) and then system allows to delete the delivery. But I am not sure if this is the right approach

Thanks

Rhaul

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is.
It is good that message VL 173 is activated in your system, because it will prevent accidental deletion of confirmed deliveries / items.

And yes, in this case it is correct to manually change picked quantity field (try changing only that field to 0, leave delivery qty as it is), and then delete items or complete delivery.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look into KBA 1486490 - Delete a delivery note without eliminating the transfer order (WM)

and OSS note 521409 - Problems with deleting delivery items online

Having read those notes, it makes me think that setting VL173 as error message was done by some of your colleagues, as the standard allows deletion without any message. So you should consult with them to understand the reason why they did it and if they thought about such a deletion in their concept, or if they eventually have a different concept for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen!  will check with my team

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In VL02N, choose Outbound Delivery => Delete.
After you get an error, click on it upload that screen with mesage number and description.

Post your mesage like this example below:
(it will definitely be other message this is just an example of the screen you should post us back here)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihalio,

I tried as suggested by you and below is the erro message no and short text description

Message no. VL173 - Item 100 has already been made available by a transfer order

I thin we need to reverse the picking first and then we can delete the outbound but not sure how can I do that!!

Thanks

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul S