cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Model: Input fields read only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NG,

the startview of my app has 4 input fields. All are context mapped to the input parameter of the input parameter of the rfc function used in that model (via custom controller).

I did create the rfc destinations and the apllication is running well except the problem that it seems that the fileds are read only. If I have a look in the properties of the input fields in start view the property read only is set to false.

Where is the problem located?

Kind regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If type of attribute define read-only flag (check it in context tree), then any UI control bound to this attribute becomes read-only

VS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stefan

What is u r support pack. We use SP11 and we dont have this problem of input field being disabled when bound with a rfc import parameter.

In earlier versions i am not sure which versions (till ver 7.0) i guess, if we bind a model attribute directly to a ui element then it would not allow us to edit. We had to create a separate value attribute and use that attribute for setting the input values of the RFC.

See if that helps.

regards

Ravi

Message was edited by: Ravi Pasupathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan,

Input fields when binded with a model node or a value node will become read only if there is no node element created.

Usually the cardinality will be 0..n saying in the initial state there is no element in the node.If u make the cardinality as 1..n it will work.

In a model node as it is mapped ..u cant do that.Its tightly bound.So here the only solution is to create an element of the node to which the input fields are bound.

This should work...If u want some more details plz mention...

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose the input field is bound to an attribute, say abc and is a string, try the following.

after the bind(input);

input.setabc(new String());

Hope that would solve your problem

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you bind the model to a context node ? You probably missed this part of the code. You must do it in the wdDoInit() of the controller.

For example:

Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input input = new

Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input();

wdContext.nodeBapi_Flight_Getlist_Input().bind(input);

Replace the above line of code to your need.

Regards,

Loveline.