cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lunch Repository in SAp PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am getting an issue,when i want to enter in ESR or ID,automatically download a file ie:"repository.jnlp".when i run this application its shows some message like"unable to lunch application" Following screen is appear.I am using PI 7.1.Kindly help me what to do.Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hoffaz,

There can be various reasons. You must have clicked on the "DETAILS" button when error pops up and posted the details too.

Still here are the things you must do from starting-

1- Maintain host file

enter the IP address of pi server and give the FQDN(fully qualified domain name) in front of the IP.

2. then go to cmd-> right click run as administrator-> ipconfig /flushdns -> and then ipconfig /registerdns

3. Check your java version. JRE 6upate20, jre 6 update 31 are supported very well by 7.1.

4. Go to control panel->programs->java.. If you see "VIEW" button disabled in "General" tab that means there are no file still saved as cache. You can click "settings" in general tab and click "delete files"

5. Now coming to the first point if it the details says - JNLP signed by same certificate ....", go to index page of PI and click on Administration->Java Web Start Administration and click on Restore Archive.

Try all this it will definitely work.

Adding to all the points if your system and server is on same network domain then go to Control panel->Programs->java->Network Setting-> select direct connection

If it is on different networks then use select proxy setting or browser settings.

Regards

Vikas

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Change your java version .

Regards,

manigandan

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try adding IP address of PI system in HOST file under the path.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoffaz,

We had a similar issue. You can clear all the cache like Mutti showed you or if you have another java install on your machine then you can use that one.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz chk the below link:

after executing the below mentioned steps:

1 st   : Run cmd : javaws -viewer like below click on ok button

2 st  : Goto General Tap -->see Temporary Internet File-->click on View button -> after  select all  Integration Directory application and delete.

see the below screenshot :

Mutti

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my General tab of Java control panel  View option is disable.Kindly let me know what to do

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

a workarround is to create a shortcut with this destination (change according your installation directory of your virtual machine)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\bin\javaws.exe" http://host:port/rep/start/sso/repository.jnlp

Pleas check also security settings in java web start, and be sure that it allows you to execute it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hoffaz,

1.How do I enable Java through the Control Panel :

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_panel.xml

2.How do I clear the Java cache:

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

3.How do I enable Java in my web browser:

How do I enable Java in my web browser?

If the above mentioned jobs fail follow the final resource as mentioned below.

Delete your JRE on your client system and install corresponding versions of the JRE(Java Runtime Environment).

Mutti

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem should be in Java version. Please check the below wiki and blog

Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

also check the SAP Note 1514802 - Directory and Repository Application Does not start.

regards,

Harish