Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LUMIRA 1.17.1

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I try to connect to BW, I first get the below error; saplogon.ini file is populated with BW info and the path is updated in environmental variables:

When I try to cancel and update the BW details manually , I get the below error: [how & where do I enter the instance number]

While trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.trim() of a null object loaded from local variable 'bwSystem'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Earlier I installed a 64 bit in a 64 bit OS .... didn get through.

now I installed a 32 bit and in another 32 bit and is working fine ... not sure if the issue is with the 64 bit version of the application or my local 64 bit system;

Anyone who has similar issue with 64 bit system, can try 32 bit ...

Regards,

Arvind E

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If at all possible, I would recommend not doing this, as your application would then be limited by 32-bit runtime architecture. (performance, scalability etc)

regards,

H

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

I totally agree to that Henry, however I am unable to fix this issue; I will try to check on this for any workaround ... meanwhile am waiting to hear from someone who had any similar challenges and solutions ...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arvind - have you seen this thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

If you are not planning to use SNC with your BW connections then you can have 64-bit Lumira Desktop using BW connections from 32-bit SAP logon since only the connection details are read from saplogon.ini file.

However, if you want to use SNC (so you can achieve SSO from Lumira Desktop), then both the products have to have the same architecture since the underlying crypto libraries (installed with SAP Logon) will be loaded in the same process space as Lumira Desktop.

Regards,

Boris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I get this problem occasionally on some installations, never got to the bottom of it..

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is BW on your logon pad locally?  It needs to be there too.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Tammy,

Below is the screen shot if the logon pad details; I have checked the login.ini file which also has these entries:

Where do we feed the instance number ... I do not see an option]; just checking if we can manually over ride by keying in BW info if Lumira is not picking up

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no place to put the instance number - it is not required

Did you populate the saplogon.ini file with the BW system details?  Search your hard drive for this file and update with the BW system details in the relevant places.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy,

it was automatically populated ...  as seen above ... is there any thing that needs to be populated:

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also have a [MSSrvPort] with a server name.

After populating that (and possibly restarting your machine) - if this does not work, I recommend opening an incident with SAP Support.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

I do have one more as [MSSrvPort] ... should we enter the server details [ Server IP] apart from the one seen above ... and I also have MSSrvName ... should that be touched ....

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MSSrvPort on mine is the app server name

MSSrvName is blank on mine.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, Should MSSrvPort contain BW server IP details or system ID;  or is it something else ...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should contain what is in your Application Server from your SAP Logon Pad - see screen shot below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

With the same settings the application worked when installed in different settings; the only diff is this system already has SAP PA which I installed this morning ... and installed the latest version of Lumira .... it had challenges ... I am able to access this now in the fresh system;