cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Factor Issue with Heuristic Capacity Levelling

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have searched the web for the answe rto this question and got nothing, but I have founbd the answer myself, so to help others I am posing both the question and the answer on here.

My problem was:

We ran Hueristics with MAT1/lot size period factor tick activated and SNP planned orders appear to be created at the start of the bucket. As expected for period factor behaviour.

We then ran capacity leveling with Heuristics mode and when this moved / re created planned orders under a different bucket it seems to be ignoring the period factor and creating the planned order in the middle of the bucket.

As we had a GR processing time of 3 days this difference actually had an impact in which bucket the capacity is consumed.

My question is, why is capacity levelling not respecting the period factor value when SNP heuristics does??

SAP documentation 100% confirmed it should be considering it..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So my solution was as follows:

Heuristcs seems to accept a 0.000 period factor as start of bucket, but capacity levelling views a period factor or 0.000 as NULL, and therofore defaults it to the middle of the period.

When I went to MAT1 and changed the period factor to 0.001 (smallest value possible) everything seemed to work and Capacity levelling correctly adhered to period factor rules.

I hope this post helps others with the same issue, as I found nothing on the web to help me in this matter.

S SB

Answers (0)