cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.MSG files are not attaching in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is regarding file attachment issue in SAP Portal leave request. When user is trying to attach a file in .MSG format (MS Outlook e-mail saved on desktop in .MSG file format) in leave request area through SAP portal, system is giving the error "File is not correct or it is open"

Error is coming on all 03 servers i.e. DEV, QA & PRD. At the same time all other file formats like WORD, PDF, Excel, JPG, BMP etc. are attaching & opening properly. Issue is only with Outlook Message .MSG file format.

What could be the reason? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Pravin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you define the workstation application four .msg files?

If not then define in DC30 and check again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

I have already defined the .MSG file extension in DC30 like others files WORD, PDF, EXCEL, JPG etc.. But still error remains same.

Could you plz give the MIME type & file extension for .MSG file. It may happened that I have maintained it wrongly.

If it is maintained correctly what could be the other reason for this error? Is there any other setting should be done in SAP Portal or SAP DMS to resolve this issue?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Pravin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you plaese make a screenshot from the exact error message raised. And exactly where you trying to attach these files.

It can happen that the MIME type is not stored in one of the control tables, or if you're using a http content repository the MIMT type for smg file has to be configured there too.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Thanks for your reply. Users are logging in SAP Portal, select the option "Employee Services". Then select the option "Create leave request". They are entering the required leave date i.e. "From" & "To" date, some information in Text format. And then they are selecting the option "Attachment"

Here they are trying to attach a file which is saved on desktop (In .msg outlook format). After selecting this .msg file, system immediately throw the error message "File is not correct or it is open".

As per my knowledge for our SAP Portal we are uploading the data in SAP database & not in any content repository.

could you please let me know where should I maintain this MIME type settings other that DC30 transaction?  In /DC30 I already maintained all the required file format including .MSG. Which control table you are talking about?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

pravin 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I think, you are not using DMS here. Are you using ESS Portal? If yes better to discuss with HR/ESS Portal Consultant.

Another solution to save your outlook mail as an HTML file not .msg file. This may attach in portal.