cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating an Solution Manager 7.1 running in Oracle to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

We were planning to migrate our Solution Manager 7.1 database running in Oracle to HANA.

We will do a  classical migration in which we will be splitting the Java and ABAP stacks and do a database export then migrate to HANA based on this article )

Is the approach sufficient for migration or are there any options in which we could migrate an existing Solution Manager 7.1 database to HANA?

Regards,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

suppose nothing specific to solution manager

As per the knowledge source, you can either try typical OS/DB migration. But this can be accelerated by DMO also

the best suggested option could be via DMO , it was also specified in sap courses.  might be this also can help

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shauking
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, please check out 1881765 - SAP Solution Manager 7.1 powered by SAP HANA availability.  It sounds like the Solman 7.1 on HANA is at Ramp-up stage only for new installation.  No official upgrade or migration path is supported by SAP at the moment.  Though I thought it might be possible to do a 'pure' technical migration to HANA.  Please share your experice on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your replies.

In case I will be doing a DMO, how do I upgrade the Netweaver release on the ABAP stack as well as the Java stack? As I see that the minimum target release for DMO is Netweaver 7.31, as per our Solution Manager it is 7.02 ( I've based the release on our SAP BASIS version... please correct me if I am wrong).

We have done a MOPZ calculation and only saw Maintenance (Stack) upgrades but saw Kernel database independents for HANA

Thanks,

Manuel

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe you will need to do a stack split and then upgrade and migrate using DMO.

Solution Manager 7.1 for HANA is based on NetWeaver 7.4

394616 - Release strategy for SAP Solution Manager

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

As far as I know DMO is used only when you are upgrading and migrating the SAP system to SAP SAP HANA. If there is no requirement to update the exiting Solution Manager to a higher patch level or release then I believe the classical migration should be sufficient.

Regards

RB